Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
mjpisat

Ccm jetspeed ft1 or new ones?

1 hour ago, Sniper9 said:

Toe box won't really alter from baking. Only thing you can hope for is that your heel sits further back from the bake and pulls your foot back creating more room in the toe cap and also from insoles like I mentioned above. 

Where did you purchase your skates? Is it covered by ccms 90 day guarantee? This guarantee seems to still be valid on sites that are still listing the skates at regular price like hockey monkey. 

Yeah, fortunately there is a 90 day guarantee. I just wanted a few different opinions before sending them back. Now hopefully they have my size available. 

Thanks a lot for the feedback. 

4 hours ago, jdvn said:

Yeah, fortunately there is a 90 day guarantee. I just wanted a few different opinions before sending them back. Now hopefully they have my size available. 

Thanks a lot for the feedback. 

If u paid regular price I'd return it solely for they reason as well. 

I'm hoping that my local store will still have the 8.5D in stock in a few weeks  so I can return mine if the price ends up going down a bunch once FT2 is released. I'm pretty happy with FT1 and it's broken in decently after just 4 skates, so I don't mind dealing with that again if I can save some money.

On 4/15/2019 at 6:15 AM, z1ggy said:

I'm hoping that my local store will still have the 8.5D in stock in a few weeks  so I can return mine if the price ends up going down a bunch once FT2 is released. I'm pretty happy with FT1 and it's broken in decently after just 4 skates, so I don't mind dealing with that again if I can save some money.

The price has dropped significantly on Pure Hockey and Hockey Monkey. Below cost.  

5 hours ago, mjpisat said:

I bought ft1 for like $530ish.  Will return if no good

Will they even honour the 90 day guarantee for the ft1 if the ft2 is released? I thought it was only for current models. 

11 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

Will they even honour the 90 day guarantee for the ft1 if the ft2 is released? I thought it was only for current models. 

My local store negated the 90 day guarantee for the FT1 models once the FT2 was released. Not sure about others, though.

2 hours ago, jdvn said:

My local store negated the 90 day guarantee for the FT1 models once the FT2 was released. Not sure about others, though.

As far as I am aware the 90 day guarantee still applies to the FT1. I will double check tomorrow with CCM as well. 

5 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

As far as I am aware the 90 day guarantee still applies to the FT1. I will double check tomorrow with CCM as well. 

At my local HM I was told as soon as FT2 comes out, FT1 90 day would be lost... That's why I got FT1 in March. I've got like 2 weeks left on my 90 day, and I'll be bringing them back even though I do like them.  Figure I'll get the FT2's and use them for 90 days and if I feel like they aren't a huge upgrade and if I can find the 8.5D for a solid price online, I'll just return the FT2 and go back to FT1.

2 things though I think might keep me in FT2 once I get them:

1) Stock steel. The FT1 stock steel has been meh. The edge was incredible for like 2-3 skates, then quickly went down hill. I'm used to Step Steel so this was a bummer. I hear the steel in FT2 is a little better?

2) The quick release will be really nice so I can have 2 sets of steel, and send the unused pair out to JR or somebody I trust for sharpenings and swap in and out as need be. I have never broken steel in nearly 2 decades of playing so I'm not as concerned about that aspect of it.

13 hours ago, z1ggy said:

At my local HM I was told as soon as FT2 comes out, FT1 90 day would be lost... That's why I got FT1 in March. I've got like 2 weeks left on my 90 day, and I'll be bringing them back even though I do like them.  Figure I'll get the FT2's and use them for 90 days and if I feel like they aren't a huge upgrade and if I can find the 8.5D for a solid price online, I'll just return the FT2 and go back to FT1.

2 things though I think might keep me in FT2 once I get them:

1) Stock steel. The FT1 stock steel has been meh. The edge was incredible for like 2-3 skates, then quickly went down hill. I'm used to Step Steel so this was a bummer. I hear the steel in FT2 is a little better?

2) The quick release will be really nice so I can have 2 sets of steel, and send the unused pair out to JR or somebody I trust for sharpenings and swap in and out as need be. I have never broken steel in nearly 2 decades of playing so I'm not as concerned about that aspect of it.

I spoke with a CCM rep and was told they are still honoring the 90-day guarantee for the FT1... not sure why HM would say otherwise. If anything, Pure Hockey offers 30-day return policy on their skates regardless if they are used so that would offer a decent peace of mind. 

11 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

I spoke with a CCM rep and was told they are still honoring the 90-day guarantee for the FT1... not sure why HM would say otherwise. If anything, Pure Hockey offers 30-day return policy on their skates regardless if they are used so that would offer a decent peace of mind. 

Okay well that is good to know. I'm guessing the kids at HM just... don't know what they are talking about.

I'm taking the summer off to let my old bones heal up since I usually play every single week from Sept-June, so I will be returning my FT1's sometime this week or next, then going back in August/Sept for FT2's.

As far as my concerns above... does step steel make a runner that will fit the new CCM holder? I can always pick up the FT1 for a deal then install the new holder for the swapping ability. I think my main concern is actually boot longevity. I know you commented in your video you think the FT2 will be more durable.. that's really big for me because I'm looking to keep this skate for minimally 6 years.

1 hour ago, BenBreeg said:

FYI, Pure Hockey's web site says they are only honoring the 90 day on FT1s purchased before April 25th.

I emailed PH and they said they are honoring it. I didn't see anything on the website, but looking now I do. So not sure what is factual. 

4 hours ago, z1ggy said:

Okay well that is good to know. I'm guessing the kids at HM just... don't know what they are talking about.

I'm taking the summer off to let my old bones heal up since I usually play every single week from Sept-June, so I will be returning my FT1's sometime this week or next, then going back in August/Sept for FT2's.

As far as my concerns above... does step steel make a runner that will fit the new CCM holder? I can always pick up the FT1 for a deal then install the new holder for the swapping ability. I think my main concern is actually boot longevity. I know you commented in your video you think the FT2 will be more durable.. that's really big for me because I'm looking to keep this skate for minimally 6 years.

STEP makes a runner for the new holder., as does Tydan and Flare. We have the STEP steel in stock. Whats interesting is its actually an option when ordering CCM custom skates too! 

18 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

STEP makes a runner for the new holder., as does Tydan and Flare. We have the STEP steel in stock. Whats interesting is its actually an option when ordering CCM custom skates too! 

Is the stock on FT2 better than what was on FT1? How about compared to STEP? I'm just so used to STEP and it's longevity, tough to go back to anything else long term. I do like that black finish though in the FT2.

Just now, z1ggy said:

Is the stock on FT2 better than what was on FT1? How about compared to STEP? I'm just so used to STEP and it's longevity, tough to go back to anything else long term. I do like that black finish though in the FT2.

The stock FT2 steel is considerably better than the previous HyperGlide but is not nearly as good as STEP or any of the other aftermarket steel options. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjpisat said:

Just to be clear, you can bake/sharpen AND use skates bought from PH and still return after 30 days?

Yes. If they are covered under the CCM 90-day satisfaction guarantee. Otherwise, you get only 30 days. 

Edited by Nicholas G