Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Newbie1819

Hockey to inline chassi

Hi there I am looking for a chassi to put on my old skates for the summer. I’ve read about various angles(hi-lo) etc and I’m just wondering which set up will allow me to transition easiest back and fourth. 

Thanks 

Easiest transition would be a flexible rather than a fixed chassis, so either Marsblade or Sprung. I have both, love both, and can transition from ice to inline and back with just a couple minutes of adjustment.

• Like 2

Fixed chassis will always feel different, because you are in contact with the surface with 3-4 wheels most of the time, as compared to the few inches of contact you have on ice blades. I tried to mimic the ice feeling in the past by "rockering" my wheels (put the more worn ones front and back, and the newer ones in the middle), however while nice for turning this was rather detrimental to top-speed.

Afaik every manufacturer has gone either slight high-low (80-80-76-76) or straight (80-80-80-80), the more strange variants (80-80-72-72, whatever TriDi and the TUUK Rocker had, ...) have essentially disappeared.

Are you planning a conversion (turning an ice-skate into an inline-skate) or are you looking for what inline-skates to buy? In the second case, I'd say go with what fits best, rather than a particular chassis setup, the difference in setup in the fixed chassis is minimal by now.

My personal preference would still be the Marsblade/Sprungs route, as I have just recently mounted another set of skates with new Marsblades all while having some brand new Mission Titanium HiLo chassis on a shelf somewhere. I simply prefer the feeling by now, even when I'm on asphalt for 3 months.

• Like 2

After using Sprungs I'd never go back to a flat chassis. While it doesn't feel exactly like ice, it's definitely easier to transition between ice and roller with a chassis like Sprung than with a flat chassis. 

• Like 1