Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
sbecks72986

My Bauer sticks

1 hour ago, seanfku said:

Can anyone comment on the weight of these sticks? 

I would imagine they weight the same as retail sticks or pro stock with the same specifications. Its all about the options you select, such as the type of blade or shaft. Etc 

Will this finally expose the fact that Little Timmy’s Kane curve isn’t actually a Kane curve? Or will people order a Kane expecting a P88 and get a Shananan delivered to their door? Much suspense!

Also - the Pastrnak sticks I’ve had in the past have just been stock P28s. Having that, P28, P28M, and Kucherov’s Fisher Pro seems a bit excessive. 

Edited by Cavs019
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cavs019 said:

Will this finally expose the fact that Little Timmy’s Kane curve isn’t actually a Kane curve? Or will people order a Kane expecting a P88 and get a Shananan delivered to their door? Much suspense!

Also - the Pastrnak sticks I’ve had in the past have just been stock P28s. Having that, P28, P28M, and Kucherov’s Fisher Pro seems a bit excessive. 

Im pretty sure anyone ordering a custom set of sticks has enough knowledge to know the difference or at least you hope! Could you imagine dropping that much money on 2 twigs and you order the wrong pattern. HA.

2 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

Wait, what..........pros don't use the retail patterns that have their names on them? Such talk.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

What exactly is the difference between the P28 and the Fisher Pro curve? 

18 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

I’m using a P28M now it’s a ADV pro stick 82 flex with a P28M curve name on stick is wideman is an awesome stick I love it but it wasn’t cheap I still paid $235 with shipping

1 hour ago, sbecks72986 said:

I’m using a P28M now it’s a ADV pro stick 82 flex with a P28M curve name on stick is wideman is an awesome stick I love it but it wasn’t cheap I still paid $235 with shipping

The P28M and P92M are my favorites patterns. One you go with a max height blade you can never go back to a standard type. 

1 hour ago, start_today said:

Why isn’t every blade max height?  Is it just something people never thought about? 

Maybe a weight thing. Or like me who never cared about it

26 minutes ago, nutters said:

That would be the only negative I imagine. It also makes the blade stiffer as well, so for someone looking for a very soft flexing blade, it would likely not be ideal. 

On 4/11/2019 at 3:48 PM, Shenanigans said:

Im pretty sure anyone ordering a custom set of sticks has enough knowledge to know the difference or at least you hope! Could you imagine dropping that much money on 2 twigs and you order the wrong pattern. HA.

I wouldn't be to sure about that. We have people buying custom skates when they really don't need them. I can totally see someone ordering a couple sticks and picking the players pro pattern thinking it's the retail pattern, or close to.

On 4/11/2019 at 2:29 PM, Cavs019 said:

Yeah but #kreps4life though! (Or is that fad over now...)

18 hours ago, start_today said:

Why isn’t every blade max height?  Is it just something people never thought about? 

I wouldn't neglect the importance of aesthetics. I think the supposed weight issue is 95% psychological though - it's not a noticeable difference. Although, if we had a max height BC27 Kovalev Pro, that thing would be massive lol.

19 hours ago, start_today said:

A lot of danglers used to use skinny heel blades (see M. Lemieux, D. Savard, Zhamnov, Kovalev, Viktor Kozlov, even young Datsyuk) which has me wondering if some perceived a difference in puck feel back when sticks or at least blades were wood. The physics of sticks has changed drastically since their time, though. I think when Datsyuk switched from his teardrop blade profile to a goalie blade profile and still managed to dangle the world’s best while reaping the defensive and puck challenge benefits, other players started to try it out with their own patterns. The night and day switch in stick materials and engineering that happened at the same time, or perhaps rather that Datsyuk was the first to prominently exploit, enabled the best of both worlds (good feel and lots of blade face for winning pucks) that max height blades can offer.

Having said that, I’ve never had as much success intercepting passes as I have when I’ve played with Kovalev or Leino Pro patterns. They have skinny heels, but the max length seems to catch people off guard.

Just my armchair theory on the historical change from skinny to fat heel blades.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 5:46 PM, jdvn said:

What exactly is the difference between the P28 and the Fisher Pro curve? 

Fisher Pro is supposed to have a more gradual curve to it starting at the heel whereas the P28 is pretty straight until about 1/3rd of the way from the heel then it starts to curve.

4 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

Fisher Pro is supposed to have a more gradual curve to it starting at the heel whereas the P28 is pretty straight until about 1/3rd of the way from the heel then it starts to curve.

P28 has a big heel curve on it to.

I thought the difference between P28 and Fisher Pro was smoother transitions from heel to toe, both in rocker and curve.

On 4/12/2019 at 4:21 PM, nutters said:

There is a slight bit of weight added (nominal at best) but its more about where the weight is, at the blade, which affects swing weight. However, the ability to tip pucks when in front of the net, preventing a puck from hopping over my stick, or getting more "meat" on a shot when the puck is rolling or not flat is worth it. Once you go with a max height blade (MHB) it's very had to switch back. If you are a pure dangler though, I can see the MHB and its added weight being disliked. 

On 4/12/2019 at 7:21 PM, nutters said:

It is heavier I have another pro stock adv that’s a regular p28 not max height and it’s 20 grams lighter and you can definitely feel the difference but it’s not really a issue they’re both extremely light

Edited by sbecks72986

On 4/11/2019 at 12:45 PM, Nicholas G said:

I would imagine they weight the same as retail sticks or pro stock with the same specifications. Its all about the options you select, such as the type of blade or shaft. Etc 

Ended up picking up a pair. 

nexus kick, nexus blade, supreme shaft (similar to pre-2nd generation 1N nexus sticks)

I don’t have a scale to accurately confirm weight, but it feels very similar to my 2N PRO stick that I have which I think is listed at 410g. I cut my sticks down about 3 inches so the weight drops slightly down even more  

been using it for several summer pick up sessions and it performs/feels like Bauer’s usual top tier - no surprise there. 

Aesthetically, The personalization on the under belly is a nice touch. The stick looks much better in person than online in my opinion. 

On 10/12/2019 at 3:50 PM, BMcDonald19 said:

is there ever any discount codes floating around for these sticks?

Get a job at a LHS and attend a Bauer PK event.