Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Fletch

Best tape/grip for digital palms?

6 hours ago, stick9 said:

I've been using buttendz grips for about 6-8 months. Never had an issue with the grip moving around. I've even moved them from stick to stick. I always use the spray they supply and let it dry for a full 24 hours, maybe that has something to do with it.

I allow it to dry for more than two days. When it's dry it's locked in. But because water CAN get in from the top because it's not sealed, when it does it'll cause some slippage. 

It seems to be more of an issue with my true stick vs my Bauer due to shaft shape. Even buttendz is aware of this and tells you to have the stick blade down while on the bench. 

42 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

I allow it to dry for more than two days. When it's dry it's locked in. But because water CAN get in from the top because it's not sealed, when it does it'll cause some slippage. 

It seems to be more of an issue with my true stick vs my Bauer due to shaft shape. Even buttendz is aware of this and tells you to have the stick blade down while on the bench. 

I find their grips are too thick and prevent me from having enough puck feel. 

1 hour ago, Nicholas G said:

I find their grips are too thick and prevent me from having enough puck feel. 

Could be.  Since using them I have felt off and couldn't pin point what it was. But overall I like the grip. I'll test out a stick with my trusty Renfrew grip tape next time and see. 

Just an update, below is a pic of my palm after 6 skates using digital/lizard skin 0.5mm:

34oppnn.jpg

Not too bad, very minimal wear in the actual material... mostly cosmetic discoloration.  

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 1