Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Check out the new Kode sticks. I worked with the founder in the industry and he really knows what he is doing. One of those guys behind the scenes that you never see, but has developed some of the most amazing equipment the sport has seen. If you are interested in quality and performance over of marketing, give them a shot. Gloves coming soon I heard.

www.kode-sport.com

24 minutes ago, Tyler55 said:

What does that mean?

They're not the first company to import Chinese sticks and slap their logos on.  What other equipment has this owner developed?  We've seen many companies try this business model and fail.

9 minutes ago, mickz said:

They're not the first company to import Chinese sticks and slap their logos on.  What other equipment has this owner developed?  We've seen many companies try this business model and fail.

First of all, I don't work for this company. I worked with him, and he knows what he is doing. He has developed a lot of equipment that was used in the NHL. People have won many Cups using equipment that he has developed. He has spent a lot of time in R&D departments at the highest level and in the factories. He would know best what works. I just was happy to see that he is still contributing to this industry. if you aren't interested in a company that is developing a better product, just ignore it, but no need to crap on it before you know what it's about. This industry could use some new companies and new products. Try to be positive. If you just want two choices for equipment for the rest of your hockey life, keep being negative to new products. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

No. 

Then why shit on a product if you aren't interested in exploring new products? Isn't that what this forum is for? 

We are just naturally skeptical of a "new" product, been there and seen it before. Some information on the web site about who he is and what he has done might give some credibility, then seeing and reading reviews about the stick would give a degree of respectability. It's not our business to chase for information, this should be present if they are serious about the product. And I think he has more issues to worry about like the company name than what members here may think.

• Like 1

Ty -

Who is it?  You can email me if you'd like.

However you know there's always going to be skeptics out there; there has been an influx of crap product, especially in the stick category.  Have him contact me to see if we can do some long-term reviews for his product.

• Like 2

Howdy,

4 hours ago, Vet88 said:

We are just naturally skeptical of a "new" product, been there and seen it before. Some information on the web site about who he is and what he has done might give some credibility, then seeing and reading reviews about the stick would give a degree of respectability. It's not our business to chase for information, this should be present if they are serious about the product. And I think he has more issues to worry about like the company name than what members here may think.

This one.  You should also spell "resin" and "extreme" correctly in your marketing blurb.

Good marketing / spelling is not, of course, a requirement for developing a revolutionary new stick technology.  But its an indicator for those of us that have no other information to evaluate by.

Mark

Edited by marka
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Tyler55 said:

Then why shit on a product if you aren't interested in exploring new products? Isn't that what this forum is for? 

We are going to be naturally skeptical of a product description  that uses ambiguous buzz words and misspelled words. Even if you aren’t working for your friend, I understand your excitement for a product you may feel could be a game changer.  I am always interested in advances in composite technology, as I used to build road racing and triathlon bicycle frames and components. 

@JR Boucicaut made a very generous offer in allowing your friend to check into having a long-term test of the product. That is where you may get somewhere. Guerilla marketing with no pictures and ambiguous descriptions will not get far. 

I am hoping for success for your friend’s venture.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

This one.  You should also spell "resin" and "extreme" correctly in your marketing blurb.

Good marketing / spelling is not, of course, a requirement for developing a revolutionary new stick technology.  But its an indicator for those of us that have no other information to evaluate by.

Mark

If he speaks French , I can see the spelling of Resin as Resine. I see it all the time. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Ty -

Who is it?  You can email me if you'd like.

However you know there's always going to be skeptics out there; there has been an influx of crap product, especially in the stick category.  Have him contact me to see if we can do some long-term reviews for his product.

Ty, 

I hope you'll take JR up on this offer.  Personally, I would be thrilled to have more brand (and pattern) options available and am always enthusiastic about supporting small business. But, like many other folks on here, I've had my fair share of bad experiences with non-brand-name sticks that offer the world and perform poorly.  

18 hours ago, Tyler55 said:

Check out the new Kode sticks. I worked with the founder in the industry and he really knows what he is doing. One of those guys behind the scenes that you never see, but has developed some of the most amazing equipment the sport has seen. If you are interested in quality and performance over of marketing, give them a shot. Gloves coming soon I heard.

www.kode-sport.com

Not sure if I read anything of significance here. Most resins and carbon or composite technologies are first developed for companies that specialize in the space, marine and aeronautical industries before those technologies either go mainstream or the patents allow for others usage. So when I read about some "game-changing" technology being released I am very skeptical. 

6 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

Not sure if I read anything of significance here. Most resins and carbon or composite technologies are first developed for companies that specialize in the space, marine and aeronautical industries before those technologies either go mainstream or the patents allow for others usage. So when I read about some "game-changing" technology being released I am very skeptical. 

I agree that marketing language can be cheezy, but kids respond to that. Nike taught Bauer how to do that, so the industry has had to do the same to make all products attractive.

I have attended a few JEC conventions and there is a lot of amazing technology that is available right now. I spent a few hours at the 3M booth and you would be amazed at what they have to offer. Problem is, you can add this technology to a stick or skate but it adds cost, which cuts into profit. You can add glass beads to your plastic when you inject it into the mold, which could make a toecap stronger and lighter, but adds $2 to the manufacturing cost of a pair of skates. The bean counters will say that you will sell the same amount of skates whether or not the toecap is better, so why spend more? They will further say that if you can source a crappier toecap and save $.50 that would be the way to go.

The man who is behind Kode has worked with composites in the aerospace industry, as well as in hockey and fishing rods and marine applications. He definitely has access to "game-changing" technology. But you would have to try it and see for yourself. I'm not friends with him nor do I have anything to do with the company. I just respect his experience and knowledge. 

I respect your knowledge in all of these technologies as well, so you could reach out to him and discuss them.  

I do product development for a living, work with local incubators, and am president of the local product management chapter that puts on discussion forums around innovation.  It is what I do as a career.  One thing it always comes down to- what problem are you solving that isnt being addressed in the market already?  Leading with claims about technology doesn’t do that.  I can alrady buy pro stock sticks that outshoot me for less than $150 and if we’re honest with ourselves the vast majority of players would probably see no change in their game using sticks several steps down from the top price point.  In the long run, you may attract initial attention with marketing talk, but to sustain business you need to deliver something thto market needs.  Good marketing is necessary to support a good product, but it can’t sustainably sell something that doesn’t deliver.

So what’s the value proposition over other options?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stewie said:

If he speaks French , I can see the spelling of Resin as Resine. I see it all the time. 

He is French-Canadian.  Tyler let me know who he is.  I know of him, but haven't met him.  Did work for a major manufacturer.  Tyler did too, but a different brand, so please don't shoot the messenger.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

He is French-Canadian.  Tyler let me know who he is.  I know of him, but haven't met him.  Did work for a major manufacturer.  Tyler did too, but a different brand, so please don't shoot the messenger.

A little more credibility has been shed. And the French-Canadien connection makes sense. @BenBreeg brings up a very good point here- what problem is being solved that has not been solved already? It is frustrating that addition of simple items that don’t cost much @Tyler55 can make bean counters go nuts. That is ultimately why I was glad that I was not working for anybody whilst producing my very limited bike items. It’s just like the plastics in the palm of CCM/Reebok goalie gloves- the wrong mixture literally makes the thumb mould crack! Again- I look forward to seeing what your acquaintance has put together. 

• Like 1