Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
brockboeser6

Bauer Senior 70 flex sticks

With Bauer introducing a 70 flex stick fairly recently, does anyone have any experience moving down from their 77 flex sticks? 

For some background, I've always felt that Bauer 77 flex sticks to be mildly stiffer than 75 flex CCM's, Warriors, True, etc. as the name implies. I'd prefer to have something slightly whippier than Bauer 77 flex sticks. I'm 5'9" and 195 lbs and played Jr. A hockey so feel comfortable loading up a stick. I'm not taking slapshots or one timers anymore as I'm just playing in men's leagues now. I also cut down my stick fairly short for someone that's only 5'9". I don't want to buy a 70 flex stick only for it to feel like a flimsy intermediate stick. Is the 70 flex stick THAT much whippier compared to 77 flex? Any thoughts on 70 flex sticks much appreciated! 

• Like 1

I know this post was created a while ago but hopefully I'll be able to tell you soon  I can't say right now bc I haven't used the Bauer or CCM se 70s but just ordered one. I've used the 68 true intermediate which is good but felt a touch too whippy for me. I usually use 75/77 in other brands. The good thing about the Sr 70 flex is that it's the regular 60" length so you cut it down the same amount. So in theory it should only feel about five flex points diff which would prob be the right amount you're looking for. When I cut down my Bauer 77s it was at the 84 mark on the stick. For the 70 it looks like it'll be about the 75 ish mark which is what I want. I want a 75 flex that's already cut. 

With my true intermediate it's 2 inches shorter than standard senior sticks so I only had to cut it about 1/2 an inch so that made it only 70-72 flex cut. 

• Like 1

Yes. I ordered these for myself, 70 flex Flylite senior with a Pasta curve. They are very whippy and I don't think I would order a Flylite with that low of a flex again. I think the kick point, length, and flex all need to be accounted for when looking at dropping to that low of a flex. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Yes. I ordered these for myself, 70 flex Flylite senior with a Pasta curve. They are very whippy and I don't think I would order a Flylite with that low of a flex again. I think the kick point, length, and flex all need to be accounted for when looking at dropping to that low of a flex. 

Don't you use a true on 68? Wouldn't the Sr 70 in Bauer actually be stiffer than the true after cutting it down to size?

8 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

Don't you use a true on 68? Wouldn't the Sr 70 in Bauer actually be stiffer than the true after cutting it down to size?

The kick point on the 70 flex Flylite changes the feeling entirely when compared to the 68 flex TRUE. 

• Like 1

I did same thing as previous post used the 77flex cut to 84, switched to 70 cut to 75ish and at first i though it may have been too low a flex but after I got used to handling the puck I prefer the 70 flex. I still have a 77 and a 70 flex flylite but haven’t used the 77 in a while I prefer the 70, and I just bought the black flylite in 70 a couple weeks ago.

I went from a 77 flex to 70 flex 1X Lite and I like it much better.  It flexes easily but still returns the energy quickly and still has a stiff feeling.  I have a Trigger2 in both 75 and 70 and neither had the same feeling.  The 70 was way too soft, it was sloppy and unresponsive.  There was a lag with the release and a noticeable difference in stickhandling and receiving passes.  I didn't experience any of that with the Bauer.

38 minutes ago, psulion22 said:

I went from a 77 flex to 70 flex 1X Lite and I like it much better.  It flexes easily but still returns the energy quickly and still has a stiff feeling.  I have a Trigger2 in both 75 and 70 and neither had the same feeling.  The 70 was way too soft, it was sloppy and unresponsive.  There was a lag with the release and a noticeable difference in stickhandling and receiving passes.  I didn't experience any of that with the Bauer.

1x lite and trigger 2 came in a 70? Or did you get a 67 intermediate? Or were they pro stock...

Edited by Sniper9

8 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

1x lite and trigger 2 came in a 70? Or did you get a 67 intermediate? Or were they pro stock...

The 1X Lite was a pro stock, but the Trigger 2 was a retail 70.

Went from Bauer 77 flex to 70 flex to try it out and found it to be too whippy for my liking -I feel it especially on receiving passes for some reason. so now back to 77 flex. 

There really needs to be like a 73 flex senior stick. Or lower the point where the flex is measured so someone 5' 9" can cut a 77 and have it stay a 77.

I'm one of a few that don't have real issues catching passes etc with a whippier stick. I understand how it can be a big adjustment though.