Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Mlxg

How much do CCM 1 piece boots expand in length after break-in?

So I'm trying to decide on whether to go with a 7.5 or a 7.75 CCM AS1.

In an unbaked retail 7.5, my toes press against the box while standing and recede to just feathering when I'm in my hockey stance. This seems like a decent fit but it's close enough that I'm worried if the boot doesn't expand after breaking them in a bit (or the ankle foam doesn't give as much), I'll have problems kicking the toebox etc. I'm also getting the skates with extra Ribcor ankle foam. 

In an 8, I can just fit a pencil behind my heel if I feather the toebox (the pencil's a tight stuck fit then).

Wondering if anyone has experience with how much the skates will expand by after baking and skating a few times.

Thanks for the tips and advice!

I haven't owned or used the AS1 specifically, but I have found that you generally gain a few mm of space in skates after baking them and breaking them in.

What time of day did you try on the skates? Your feet swell through the day; so your feet are going to be slightly larger at night then they are in the morning. Starting with your toes against the cap is OK as long as they're not bent if you tried the skates on later in the day. Now, if you tried them on first thing in the morning then you may not have enough room to work with. So I'd say, go with the 7.5 if you tried them on in the later half of the day and the 7.75 if you tried them on early in the day.

Also I noticed with the as1s when you use the stock insole which is flat and provide no arch support, your toes tend to touch more of the toe cap. If u use something that has some arch support like super feet or SP, then it'll draw your toes but a touch as well.