Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ML91

Favorite helmet cage combo?

I've been wearing a Bauer 4500 for years now despite it not being very comfortable for my head so im looking at the re akt 100. Any suggestions for the cage as well? I would like something with great vision obviously that isn't a big cage, the combo I have now is similar to the ncaa look so I'd like a smaller cage. 

Thank you in advance fellas 

My two favourite cages are the Bauer Reakt Titanium and the CCM Fitlite Titanium (unfortunately now discontinued, but you can still find some out there). They're both very light, don't rust and have flat bars that allow for excellent vision. The main difference between the two is that the Reakt is narrower and shorter than the Fitlite in the same size. The Fitlite in large fits my helmet and face better than the Reakt so that's what I use now. I had a Reakt before the fitlite and while I liked it, it was a bit short for my face and really tight width wise on my helmet even after bending it outwards. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like the new CCM 310/710 helmets. Fits my round head well. The Re-Akt 75 helemt isn't bad either but it's pretty bulky with the padding.

As far as cages, exactly what althoma1 said. I have both the fitlite and Re-Akt titanium cages and prefer the fitlite because it's longer and wider and fits my face better. The Re-Akt cage is lighter as well.

One other thing with the Re-akt titanium cage, for me, was the sight lines. It didn't line well where the second for the top bar was more visible. 

I always liked the JOFA/CCM 480 cage style and vision and the fitlite is a much lighter version of it. 

If you can't find the Fitlite or want something cheaper, the CCM 680 or the Bauer Profile III are really good steel cages too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a re-akt helmet for years and switched last fall to a CCM 710. I didn't think anyone could top the re-akt for comfort but I was wrong. 

The re-akt cage was great, but when I switched to CCM I got the fitlite cage for that. For me personally I actually found the sightlines even better so that worked out great for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

Warrior Alpha Pro with a Bauer Re-Akt cage or Easton E700 with a Bauer Re-Akt cage. 

I currently use an Alpha Pro with a CCM Fitlite cage and an Easton E700 with a Fitlite cage. I used to use a Bauer Reakt cage with the E700, but the Fitlite just works for my face better (the extra length helps). Both are comfortable helmets for my head and you can beat the weight of the E700. The Reakt and Fitlite are great cages; it just depends on which one fits your face better. 

• Like 1