Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dimpledballs

Glove fit advice

Looking for some glove fit advice. Right now I use a pair of retail APX2s. My problem with them is that when I bend my index finger, my finger lands along the gusset or gusset/palm seam. You can see where my index finger and how it pushes against the gusset when bent in the pic below. I also own a pair of pro stock QRLs and a pair of 1S's where the QRL has the same problem but the 1S fixes the problem more or less. However, with the 1S, it is very broken in and doesn't contain poron liners which I think has made it fit too loose for me. 

So, given the situation, what should I do in terms of finding a glove that fits like my APX2's but is narrow enough that I don't have the finger problem. 

1. Find a pair of 1S/MX3's with poron liners

2. Find a different pair of gloves that fit more narrow? I'm thinking quicklite or tacks or HG12? Or other suggestions?

First photo are the APX2's, second photo is pro stock QRL, third photo is a pro stock 1S (From Chris Wideman if it makes any difference). 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hUwyk5dpw8EEaYvj6

I'm tired of doing the carousel of trying to find a pair of gloves that I like so that's why I'm asking for some advice other than "buy and try all of them". I'm mostly interested in finding a pair of pro stock gloves so I'm not limited to retail offerings.

The STX Surgeon line if gloves has a tapered fit like Vapors, but is tighter in the fingers and backhand. The Surgeon gloves have narrower fingers than anything else I have tried.

Another suggestion is to try the new CCM FT1 gloves. They have a bit more open flare in the cuff (along with it being flexible) than the Quicklite and is closer to the cuffs on the APX2 but the overall fit is quite a bit more snug than the APX2 all the way thru to the backhand. I have the pro stock version of the FT1. These are my favorite pair of gloves along with the CCM HG97/98 series.

Haven't had a chance to try on the new CCM Super Tacks AS1 gloves but those are supposed to be really snug which might be more in line with what you're wanting if you're looking at the MX3/1S line of gloves.

3 hours ago, Asian Tomatoe said:

Another suggestion is to try the new CCM FT1 gloves. They have a bit more open flare in the cuff (along with it being flexible) than the Quicklite and is closer to the cuffs on the APX2 but the overall fit is quite a bit more snug than the APX2 all the way thru to the backhand. I have the pro stock version of the FT1. These are my favorite pair of gloves along with the CCM HG97/98 series.

Haven't had a chance to try on the new CCM Super Tacks AS1 gloves but those are supposed to be really snug which might be more in line with what you're wanting if you're looking at the MX3/1S line of gloves.

The FT1/Quicklite line is definitely one of the lines that I'm interested in once I find a pro stock pair. However, I need to go try it on in store to see if it has the same problem as the APX2's. When I tried them on before, I never paid any attention to this specific problem, it's only now that I used the QRL's a few times on the ice that I noticed how annoying it was. 

I had a smilies problem. I normally wear a 14 but would have to go o a 15 Apx2 Pro to not have my finger touching/crammed in the gusset. 

I Ended up going with a CCM QLT, and have no problems with my finger in a 14. They were tighter in the backhand, but that’s loosened up over a few sessions. 

I didn’t like the look of the palm on the FT1, and something about he graphics turned me off. Also saving a few bucks on getting the QLTs on sale. 

43 minutes ago, z1ggy said:

Did you try going up a size in other gloves already? Were those all 14''?

Going up a size would cause my fingers to be too short to reach the tip of the fingers and also cause it to be more loose. I'm already on the slender side which is why I prefer the anatomical fit gloves so going up a size would make it much harder to fit gloves. 

30 minutes ago, dimpledballs said:

Going up a size would cause my fingers to be too short to reach the tip of the fingers and also cause it to be more loose. I'm already on the slender side which is why I prefer the anatomical fit gloves so going up a size would make it much harder to fit gloves. 

I see. Well out of all the gloves that are just off the shelf, I find the FT1 and Supreme to be most snug and have the smallest finger area.

However, I'd rather have my gloves be just a touch too big than have my fingers poking through the gusset like what you've got. What size glove say for like a batting glove or winter glove would you take?? I'm a pretty firm Medium in my golf glove (and most gloves) and most 14'' fit me okay, just a touch on the large side as far as finger length goes, but 13'' is way too small.

Edited by z1ggy

Howdy,

FWIW, I like tighter gloves and I've been really happy with the Warrior QRL and QRL Pro.  I wear a 14" in those.

I also found a deal on some Warrior QRE Pros (the next generation) and got them in a 14".  Same feel around my hand, but the fingers were a little too short for me and a 15" fit better.  But maybe that's just right for you?

Mark

I got CCM HG41 pro stock 14" gloves recently. I wear a street men's medium glove. I'm okay with classic 4-roll fit or tapered/anatomic fit though. 

They are stiffer in the cuff area, so if you want a lot of inward wrist flex, you might not like this model.