Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Dante2004

Video - Game film playback from multiple cameras - suggestions?

We will be stepping up our "game" for next year and want to improve our "game film" for coaching purposes.  We will have a gopro behind each net and a video camera in the stands at the red line.  So 3 feeds in total.  Some rinks will have Livebarn so we can download that later, but not all the rinks.

If I'm just putting the video together to watch, I can do that in Adobe Premiere without an issue and select the best view, then export the video and upload to youtube to share.  I've got that part covered.

I'm looking for an app (if such an app exists) where the viewer could manually select what camera view they wanted to watch at any given time.  I'm envisioning thumbnail views off all the streams and then a large screen with the selected view.  Anyone see something like this that is available at the consumer level?

On a side note...I like the "Coaches Eye" app for analysis.  You can draw on the screen like the professional commentators, easily add voice over audio to give coaching tips and then send the slips out directly to the players.

I was all ready to offer feedback until I read that you already had the editing part itself figured out so... sorry, no help here. Would like to know if you find something, though. 

• Like 1

The coaches at a camp I went to used Hudl for their video.  I know they were able to watch multiple cameras streamed live to the platform, but I don't know how it combined those cameras.  It may not have been all available streams on one screen.

My home rink has exactly what you're looking for - multiple cameras on one screen synced in real time.  But the company hasn't really taken off, and I'm not sure if they do any applications outside of this one rink.  I believe the company is called MaxxSports. Maybe check them out and reach out?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, psulion22 said:

The coaches at a camp I went to used Hudl for their video.  I know they were able to watch multiple cameras streamed live to the platform, but I don't know how it combined those cameras.  It may not have been all available streams on one screen.

My home rink has exactly what you're looking for - multiple cameras on one screen synced in real time.  But the company hasn't really taken off, and I'm not sure if they do any applications outside of this one rink.  I believe the company is called MaxxSports. Maybe check them out and reach out?

Wow, that's a really cool concept.  Looks like they were trying to get setup with the NHL to allow the viewer to choose whatever camera view they wanted.  Great concept!  I'll reach out to them.  Maybe they have a consumer level product.  Thanks for the tip.

Here’s my rig: https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE4MDQzMDE5Mjc1MDUxNjkw/?igshid=1wc0gotvo7i4b

This gets full ice coverage from center ice. I’d like to augment it with behind the goal cams too but this is a lot easier to setup and tear down quickly and the batteries never die.

I use FCPX to sync the videos and then multi-cam clips to pick which camera shot to use. For example: 

I shoot in 4K for both cameras so I can do the zooming/panning/cropping in FCPX and still get decent output when exporting to 1080p.

• Like 1