Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

FT2 nylon midsole?

I was reading that the FT2 and FT490 both have a nylon midsole? I thought the FT2 had a composite midsole and the FT490 had a nylon midsole? The FT1 was a composite midsole so I am confused why the FT2 would be nylon? 

On 5/28/2019 at 9:33 PM, Nicholas G said:

I was reading that the FT2 and FT490 both have a nylon midsole? I thought the FT2 had a composite midsole and the FT490 had a nylon midsole? The FT1 was a composite midsole so I am confused why the FT2 would be nylon? 

CCM official website lists composite midsole. 

https://ccmhockey.com/en/product/player/skates/jetspeed-ft2-skate#sm.00000xhbdq265ef76sj6vyj4y2tfo

Where were you reading the FT2 has a nylon midsole? How do these midsoles compare visually on the FTs 1, 2 and 490?

54 minutes ago, flip12 said:

Where were you reading the FT2 has a nylon midsole? How do these midsoles compare visually on the FTs 1, 2 and 490?

You can see the midsole when you remove the footbed. I know for a fact that the FT1 midsole is composite and the FT490 is nylon. I don’t see why there would be a nylon midsole on the FT2.

How much of a performance benefit would you really notice between a composite/nylon midsole? There are a ton of NHL pro stock Bauer skates that have what looks to be nylon midsoles rather than composite like the retail versions. 

I actually would prefer the nylon. Probably holds rivets better too. 

Technically composite just means a mix of materials doesn't it? I think in the hockey industry we just use it synonymously with carbon. 

Edited by Sniper9

52 minutes ago, jdvn said:

You can see the midsole when you remove the footbed. I know for a fact that the FT1 midsole is composite and the FT490 is nylon. I don’t see why there would be a nylon midsole on the FT2.

How much of a performance benefit would you really notice between a composite/nylon midsole? There are a ton of NHL pro stock Bauer skates that have what looks to be nylon midsoles rather than composite like the retail versions. 

Exactly. I was thinking what this thread needs is photos of each of these skates' midsoles so those of us at home can see what's actually in there, rather than more hyperlink speculation.

It's also of interest to know where one is reading such information. There are lots of things available to read these days, along the entire range of accuracy possibilities.