Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
2nhockey

Supreme Skates

Hey, fellas -

Last summer I replaced my CCM 46K’s with some Bauer Supreme S180’s. I’m really happy with the 180’s in terms of comfort. My one gripe with them is the liners on both sides of both skates on the top 2 eyelets has worn away to nothing. I haven’t even had them for a year. 

I play beer league once a week and I play drop-in once or twice a week. I wear my shins over my tongues. Is this rapid wear to be expected?

Second question... I think I should replace the skates. Except for the liner wear I am pretty happy with the skates though I wish there was a little more impact protection. What would I be giving up by going with the S170’s?

Thanks!

If the boot is still in decent shape why not just have the liners fixed? I'm sure a decent shop could fix that, maybe add some wear pads to prevent it from happening again. 

Maybe @JR Boucicaut can chime in on wether or not the MSH pro shop can do the job.

14 hours ago, 2nhockey said:

Second question... I think I should replace the skates. Except for the liner wear I am pretty happy with the skates though I wish there was a little more impact protection. What would I be giving up by going with the S170’s?

I always considered the S170 and S180 to be the best value skates in that lineup at the time.  After having skated in the S180 you will lose some performance by dropping down to the S170 as you are going from a stiffer/lighter boot with the CURV composite to a nylon boot.  S180 also has a better liner and better steel than the S170.

I have 190s, tuck my shins, and my liner is gone around the top two eyelets.  The carbon boot is sticking out.  Waiting for that to cut my shin lol 😂 

i dont know who could fix that near me.  

12 hours ago, 2nhockey said:

I didn’t know the liner was repairable. 

I think they’d probably just sew something there to cover up the carbon boot and close up the seem basically.  My comfort pads are fine, it’s the corner of the boot above the eyelet that’s exposed.  It’ll only get worse though.  

#wearemtiltheyfalloff

Edited by Dizzyg12

A decent boot repair shop should be able to fix that easily. They will wrap a piece of leather over the exposed part. if it's near the eyelet they should take the eyelet out and use it to help secure the leather patch in place. Some places will glue, others will glue and stitch.