Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
bthompson1286

Alibaba hockey sticks, APEX hockey/Tiuden Sports

Who are these stick manufacturers from China.  It looks like they have v9e, apx2 sticks etc.  Are these legit or a scam?  Do companies like No Name and ABHS use these companies?

Edited by bthompson1286

45 minutes ago, bthompson1286 said:

Who are these stick manufacturers from China.  It looks like they have v9e, apx2 sticks etc.  Are these legit or a scam?  Do companies like No Name and ABHS use these companies?

China doesn't recognize copyright laws or trademarks. When companies like Bauer or CCM shift their manufacturing to China, the factory sells the gfx/design specifics out the back door to another factory down the street. Same for jerseys/apparel. They clone whatever is popular and will sell.

If you order these you are getting a composite stick from a factory that probably makes sticks for other top tier manufacturers, but the shaft/blade construction can vary a lot from the original stick. It's a roll of the dice.

colins

• Like 2

I wouldn't use one of these sticks if I was given one for free. Do yourself a favor and stay away. There are plenty of ways to get excellent sticks from known brand manufacturers at good prices. 

+1 Take it from someone who went to China, had a look at a number of the companies selling sticks and found that whilst they are generally manufacturing their own sticks, they aren't worth the money as they are basically using old molds and technology and dressing them up to look like new sticks with bs marketing wrapped around it. I purchased a range, they were light, 12k weave and felt ok but broke very easily. Also under load they deformed a lot and the characteristics from one stick to the other often changed. 

However I have a team mate who purchases them regularly from Alibaba, he gets 3 for $300, free shipping dropped to his door, they weigh 390g each and shoot ok. Each one lasts around 1 month but he doesn't care, for the 3 of them that's the life he'd get out of a top Bauer etc. And with Alibaba you now have guarantees, so if you aren't happy you can complain and get your money refunded. Each to their own, you may see some value in them.

Edited by Vet88

China practically has the ability to make everything, both crap and the absolute best. All the brands you know make stuff there.

What you get will depend on your luck finding a good manufacturer. You may get something identical to top-end stick or a lemon. I think if you're in North America and have to pay for shipping, it's not worth it. Just get a discount top-end stick from HockeyMonkey from 2 seasons ago.

I think they are intended for players in China who might have a hard time finding authorized retailers of Bauer/CCM/Warrior. I'm sure the great majority will be good enough for recreational play. They're probably dirt cheap and are great value if you play over there.

With these sticks you never know what you'll get, there is no consistency at these factories. A company I worked for had everything manufactured in China, so when my boss would go over he always looked at other things he could sell just to make a little more. He once visited one of these stick factories and told me they just slap on the branding of what the person ordered. Flex, kickpoint and weight didn't matter as you could get a sub 400 gram stick with the specs you ordered, or you might get something heavier than a retial lowest price point stick. You needed to be very lucky.

My boss even told me some of the branding wraps they'd apply had spelling mistakes and/or written in a generic font while featuring colours which were off. Much like knock off Beats don't work in one ear and lasts a week don't be upset when you're "BAWER SUPREM" weighs in at 550 grams and still manages to break if it gets chopped by an ADV.

Sorry if I’m hijacking this thread but along similar lines I’ve seen skates sold on eBay that have a pandahockey.com sticker on the box. I wonder how these skates make it to the states and whether they’re authentic or knockoffs. They have a retail site but there doesn’t appear to be much information about them on the internet. Anyone know?

Can anyone verify these wildly unrealistic deals that are too good to be true? The misspelled spam email I got felt kinda dicey, but I don’t think you’re allowed to lie on the internet. 

I have some money to burn. Just made a sweet deal with a disposed Nigerian prince, and he’s about to wire me a bunch of money now that he has all of my banking info. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, start_today said:

Can anyone verify these wildly unrealistic deals that are too good to be true? The misspelled spam email I got felt kinda dicey, but I don’t think you’re allowed to lie on the internet. 

I have some money to burn. Just made a sweet deal with a disposed Nigerian prince, and he’s about to wire me a bunch of money now that he has all of my banking info. 

They had us in the first half not gunna lie.

On 6/1/2019 at 10:35 PM, bthompson1286 said:

Do companies like No Name and ABHS use these companies?

Yes.

Edited by GoalForFun

On 6/2/2019 at 8:54 AM, BruinDust said:

I wouldn't use one of these sticks if I was given one for free. Do yourself a favor and stay away. There are plenty of ways to get excellent sticks from known brand manufacturers at good prices. 

I'm not worried about prices.  If they offer a v9e type of stick or an older vapor stick with a custom blade I'd rather do that than pay for a stick I hate

On 6/2/2019 at 5:37 PM, BlueNux said:

China practically has the ability to make everything, both crap and the absolute best. All the brands you know make stuff there.

What you get will depend on your luck finding a good manufacturer. You may get something identical to top-end stick or a lemon. I think if you're in North America and have to pay for shipping, it's not worth it. Just get a discount top-end stick from HockeyMonkey from 2 seasons ago.

I think they are intended for players in China who might have a hard time finding authorized retailers of Bauer/CCM/Warrior. I'm sure the great majority will be good enough for recreational play. They're probably dirt cheap and are great value if you play over there.

This is what I'm trying to get

Stick Hand: RH

Flex Profile: Bauer g15f (vapor X:60)

Flex: 82

Shaft shape: -1 round shaft, like the sherwood ek series

curve: Close toe, Like the old  pro Kovalchuk/Zherdev

Blade: sharkskin blade

Stick height: Tall