Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Spizark

Easton Makos converted pics?

Looking to see if anyone has some pictures of easton mako/ mako II/ M8 etc converted to roller. I found some pics on the conversion thread page but was looking to see if anyone has put Hi-Lo kryptonium chassis or something similar on. Played ice for a while and switching to roller and would like to keep the same boot. Thanks. 

10 hours ago, Spizark said:

Looking to see if anyone has some pictures of easton mako/ mako II/ M8 etc converted to roller. I found some pics on the conversion thread page but was looking to see if anyone has put Hi-Lo kryptonium chassis or something similar on. Played ice for a while and switching to roller and would like to keep the same boot. Thanks. 

I had @JR Boucicaut convert a pair of M8s but using an alkali straight 80 setup. Overall happy with the skates outside the pain of the boot being a bit narrow for my feet. 

3 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

All of the Mako conversions I've done recently were all straight frames.

Sweet, didn't have to shave the boot for the 3rd wheel to fit?

Hey @JR Boucicaut do you still do Mako conversions? I moved to Brooklyn and given the limited access to ice rinks I'm interested in trying inline. I have a pair of Mako IIs that I'm not using  -- they did have some issues with rivets getting loose quickly (though the holders never felt lose themselves). I'm wondering if I'd have the same challenge with the inline holder or if it can be mitigated somehow during the conversion. 

PM me if you want to take conversation off board and coordinate Mako conversion if that is something we can arrange.