Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

1 hour ago, asgoodasdead said:

i try not to spend over $100 on a stick and i always score more goals and get more assists than the guys playing with $300 sticks lol but its beer league so

It's whatever you're comfortable with. When ops first came out they were equivalent to prob the mid range ones now at best. Back then we thought they were (and they were at the time) the best. Now some won't even think about using a similar spec stick. 

I see it kind of like being spoiled. Better not to try out a stick that's the next best thing and 300+ bucks if what you have now works. Because it'll just mess you up psychologically lol. But it's also a marketing thing where new models come out every year or so. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

I see it kind of like being spoiled. Better not to try out a stick that's the next best thing and 300+ bucks if what you have now works. Because it'll just mess you up psychologically lol. But it's also a marketing thing where new models come out every year or so

Part of me would prefer to remain completely ignorant to how the top end sticks play, just to keep my bank account in the green....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, asgoodasdead said:

100% psychology. and usually the guys spending top dollar on equipment thinking it'll make them better that I play with are ankle benders that need to spend that money on skating lessons instead lol

I stocked up on the ek365s bc I love the weight and how I shoot with it. And the fact I got them for about 100 cdn each. I'd never spend more than 160ish cdn on a stick. 

• Like 1

You can now go to MyBauer sticks and choose a black colour option which will make your stick look like Kucherov’s paint job. 
Available on all 4 stick options (Vapor, Supreme, Nexus, ProCustom). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oilers97 said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/7uim6m5

im shocked that pro players wouldn’t be using the top of the line elbow pads. Aho looks to have S190 elbows. Is this common? 

Best believe if I was in the show, I'd try to find a way to still be using my now 20-year old Jofa's, which are anything but top of the line.

I can't stand modern elbow pads. They're so bulky and restrictive. If I HAD to pick a modern elbow pad? Give me the FT370's.

6 hours ago, nutters said:

True AX9 goalie stick in this vid

Matthews using a STX HPR2 last night

toronto-maple-leafs-center-austin-matthe

toronto-maple-leafs-center-austin-matthe

After that performance he should stick with it. He’s been bouncing all over the place with sticks for months.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, EBondo said:

Best believe if I was in the show, I'd try to find a way to still be using my now 20-year old Jofa's, which are anything but top of the line.

I can't stand modern elbow pads. They're so bulky and restrictive. If I HAD to pick a modern elbow pad? Give me the FT370's.

True. I know tons of players use Jofa/RBK which I thought was pro spec. Just old gear they have become accustomed to. 

6 hours ago, Oilers97 said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/7uim6m5

im shocked that pro players wouldn’t be using the top of the line elbow pads. Aho looks to have S190 elbows. Is this common? 

Ever see Crosby’s stuff?  Old and practically falling apart.  On Spittin’ Chicklets I think he said his jock is the same since juniors, which if actually kind of gross but to each their own.  During I think the last All-Star game they showed him getting dressed and you could see the repairs on his elbows and shoulder pads which looked to be ancient.  He said he hates to change gear.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nutters said:

CCM should slow it down with the releases...

Just wait until they catch up with Bauer's decision and they will spread them out...

Then they will change the names of their top end products to something unique to differentiate from the other brands that added "Pro" to their lines. 😆

On 11/12/2019 at 2:09 PM, asgoodasdead said:

100% psychology. and usually the guys spending top dollar on equipment thinking it'll make them better that I play with are ankle benders that need to spend that money on skating lessons instead lol

Bro where did you play Pro?