Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

It's a stupid, pointless hole in the stick.  Pucks are frequently bouncing or wobbling when they make contact with the blade.  That hole will just result in less solid contact.  I can also see that thin top section breaking easily from slashes, especially on faceoffs.  

Edited by boo10
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, boo10 said:

It's a stupid, pointless hole in the stick.  Pucks are frequently bouncing or wobbling when they make contact with the blade.  That hole will just result in less solid contact.  I can also see that thin top section breaking easily from slashes, especially on faceoffs.  

Everytime they mess with the blade like this it makes the blade the weak point of the stick.  True does this, CCM did this back in the day and always the first thing to break would be the blade.  It usually works but the life of the stick will be a joke in my experience.

Only thing I can think of is it is going to offer less resistance for taking a shot as there is less of the stick having to pass through the atmosphere. Might help with getting shots off quicker, especially because the Nexus line is a mid kick and not a low kick.

Would love to be in the CCM meeting where they complain that their company put out a stick with holes in it 10 years ago, and everyone thought it was a joke, but now Baauer does it and suddenly it’s cool and cutting edge. 

55 minutes ago, shooter27 said:

I don’t understand what this hole is supposed to do.  Isn’t it going to be mostly covered up by tape?

My best guess is that it is supposed to allow the bottom part of the blade to flex more, (like a bow) which would theoretically increase shot velocity.

I still think it's stupid!

• Like 1

Everything new is stupid until it works and becomes mainstream.

Let's be real, there is 1 or maybe 2 people here that would actually buy a top end stick for retail anyways let alone a limited run basically prototype.

I like that Bauer is trying things, let the whales buy it and test it while everyone else waits to see if it catches on.

• Like 3

To me the ADVs felt terrible anyway. Super light blade, the feel was weird and somehow the stick was almost too light. I'd much rather use my FT2 than the ADV. Maybe the Vapor one is different but I gave the one I used right back to the dude in like 2 minutes. 

13 hours ago, z1ggy said:

To me the ADVs felt terrible anyway. Super light blade, the feel was weird and somehow the stick was almost too light. I'd much rather use my FT2 than the ADV. Maybe the Vapor one is different but I gave the one I used right back to the dude in like 2 minutes. 

I feel the same about the Vapor and Supreme ADV. The sticks were too light and the blade felt too stiff. I think if they added 15-20 grams back and maybe went with a more dampened blade, like a Nexus, the stick would have been great. 

Didn't CCM or Reebok have a stick with holes in the lower portion of the shaft?  Also, I beleive there is a stick from some company that the blade looks like a siv.

19 minutes ago, jmiro said:

Didn't CCM or Reebok have a stick with holes in the lower portion of the shaft?  Also, I beleive there is a stick from some company that the blade looks like a siv.

The Rbk O-stick, followed by the Reebok 8.0.8, 6.0.6 and 3.0.3 sticks. The original had an insane breakage rate and the next gen never took off

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 1:01 PM, Monty22 said:

Jet -Flo tech. 

Hey everybody used Mylec blades when I first started playing street hockey as a kid in the early 90's, if Bauer can pick up that market share they might be onto something!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, nutters said:

The Rbk O-stick, followed by the Reebok 8.0.8, 6.0.6 and 3.0.3 sticks. The original had an insane breakage rate and the next gen never took off

Yup. I had the 8.0.8. Maybe got 15 games out of it and guess where it broke? That’s why I think this tech just died. The durability wasn’t there at all. That’s why I’m concerned about the ADV. the blade I feel is even more breakable. 

10 hours ago, nutters said:

Beer league buddy is still rocking one of these.

8 minutes ago, strosedefence34 said:

Looking less like Kings and more like Harlequins.

female-harlequin-dancing-vector-id957605jester_453722221_250.jpg?version=4.0.35harlequin_woman_clip_art_20146.jpg

Not that it's a terrible look. I like it better than these for instance:

marian-gaborik-and-jake-muzzin-of-the-lo

I kinda wish they'd just bring back the Burger Kings...

• Like 1

Those Kings Unis might as well go all the way and have one black glove and one white. I think black glove on the white sleeve, and vice versa, for maximum regrettableness. 

• Like 2

Or maybe a chunky two-tone glove like the old Flaks.649a6486cac42ff6_small.jpeg

Or shiny silver gloves. The aftermarket demand for those would be insane. So would the durability, I’m guessing.

• Like 1