Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

On 3/11/2020 at 5:33 PM, colins said:

He's got volume down low but near his instep it's anyone's guess. You can't tell from that pic if he's left the laces loose there intentionally to keep the spacing open to assist in that massive crease he's got going or not.

There's very little about his skate setup that looks normal or average. 

It looked like Bure left the middle loose intentionally once he was in Vapors. Other creasers I've discovered don't seem to do it to the same extreme Bure did. Those others include Marleau, and Kovalchuk. Once you look far enough back, all skates were creased, pretty much. I'm not sure if it's just hold outs from those days that still like a boot that has a lot of forward flex and a lot of lateral stiffness or if it's something we'll continue to see in the future. I suspect it'll die out with the future generations.

• Like 1

Now this might be looking too far ahead here, but when the NHL does return, how many guys do you think will have the new stuff, like the custom sonic boom skates, the ft3 stick, the sonic boom stick.  if we get back to these playoffs like they say, could it be the most gear changes we have ever seen?

1 hour ago, Edonnelly16 said:

Now this might be looking too far ahead here, but when the NHL does return, how many guys do you think will have the new stuff, like the custom sonic boom skates, the ft3 stick, the sonic boom stick.  if we get back to these playoffs like they say, could it be the most gear changes we have ever seen?

Sonic boom skates? Huh?

Not that I follow much what gear NHLers use but given the lack of an opportunity to test and break in new gear, I wouldn’t expect massive changes going right into the playoffs.  Depends a bit on the player though.

3 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I'm going to guess @Edonnelly16 meant the Bauer Ultrasonic skates...

yeah lol. thats exactly what I meant. I knew the line had something with sonic in it and couldnt find anything on it so I just went with boom as that sounded right. was also super late and did not feel like looking it up

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

Not that I follow much what gear NHLers use but given the lack of an opportunity to test and break in new gear, I wouldn’t expect massive changes going right into the playoffs.  Depends a bit on the player though.

I could see that as well but with the league giving them the small group skates, then what seems like a whole 2 week training camp, im sure they would have time. 

18 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Sonic boom skates? Huh?

I heard the new Bauer roll out is entirely Street Fighter 2 themed.  Look for the Spinning Bird Kick (save) goalie skates and 100 Hand Slap gloves.  

—-

I imagine you’ll see a lot of sticks with new graphics, but same tech as player previously used. I can’t imagine not playing for 2 months then trying to come back into playoff form and trying to break in new stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I don’t know timeline of player stuff but goalies have been using ultrasonic gear for months.

Safe bet it's the same. I remember seeing Pastrnak with the new Vapors months before they were released.

12 hours ago, Edonnelly16 said:

thats actually the 1n from 2016-2017

Yup, custom color is what makes it look different.

Not loving the giant yellow bands on the UltraSonics.

OMG loooooove the new Bauer holders. Looks so good without the trigger. 😍😍😍 They are always pushing boundaries of innovation. This must be residual tech from the Od1n prokect. Best brand ever!!!!!!  🤪🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, stick9 said:

Yup, custom color is what makes it look different.

Not loving the giant yellow bands on the UltraSonics.

defiantly, looks like bauer is going back to trying to 'stand out' so to speak.  which is defiantly not needed, one of the leading brand in youths and now players are looking to minimalist designs 

At least it isn't giant CCM text ensure you know what brand they are using. Also players are NOT looking at minimalist designs, just look at all the crap that comes out of the EA NHL games. Players will be putting custom designs on sticks and skates in the future and love the flash. At least with these skates you can custom them to be grey and understated.

12 minutes ago, Hills said:

At least it isn't giant CCM text ensure you know what brand they are using. Also players are NOT looking at minimalist designs, just look at all the crap that comes out of the EA NHL games. Players will be putting custom designs on sticks and skates in the future and love the flash. At least with these skates you can custom them to be grey and understated.

there is a difference between video games and real life.  I cant see many guys going full custom sticks, obviously bauer has the technology and machinery to do so as weve seen with kane and pastas winter classic twigs. I can defiantly see them for specialty games but not much after that.  I mean come on if anyone were to do it, PK would have certainly done it by now

On 6/4/2020 at 8:35 PM, start_today said:

I heard the new Bauer roll out is entirely Street Fighter 2 themed.  Look for the Spinning Bird Kick (save) goalie skates and 100 Hand Slap gloves.  

—-

I imagine you’ll see a lot of sticks with new graphics, but same tech as player previously used. I can’t imagine not playing for 2 months then trying to come back into playoff form and trying to break in new stuff. 

I'd use a Hadouken twig!