Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
EJB

Warrior Alpha DX Stick

So picked one up for the Bug.  I say this with 100% knowledge that we may have a one off.  The blade/heel appear to be brittle at best.  Had it for about 10 days, 3 days of camp and another 2 times on the ice.  Blade is taking a beating.  Fingernail chip out of the back(odd), heel is JUNK, her 2N that she’s been using for a CHUNK is fine.  

Long story short, this damage is from a 14U T1 girl.  Takes a bunch of faceoffs, will grind in a corner and is aggressive is can be.  

I’m taking it into Pure this week and see what they say.  Fact is, it isn’t a broken stick, but this damage in 10 day is nuts. 

Edited by EJB

Just as a point, when I say fingernail size chip, think baby pinky nail, not adult thumb.  That said, you can see spiderweb of adult pointer.

As far as heel, can see the split 1” low, then like 1/5” high, 1/2 inch in between.  It’s not split, just can see it.

Edited by EJB

Just as a point and not public trying to get something done, we’ve been doing this a bit. Warrantied 2 sticks in all our time of the three of us.  A N12(was that the name, going off memory, blade exploded for my son) and a youth Easton (that orange twig, she snapped it, wanted us to send it back and I said it was $50/60, I don’t care, replace or forget it & they replaced.

Just posting early returns....  

Edited by EJB

So the chip looks to be from a skate blade, if someone steps on a stick with a bit of force it will always leave a mark. Will be interesting to see what Pure says.

• Like 1

Unfortunate incident or durability issue with new DX? I received my DX (85 flex, W28M) on July 25th and used it maybe 5 times before it broke from getting hit by a wrist shot last night. The shot was off a rush and wasn't a very hard shot. It broke right before the "Sabre Taper" writing on the back of the shaft at the bottom. I have had several QX's that have been hit by shots and been chipped from normal play that have never broke. Contacted Warrior Warranty and will be returning my DX for a replacement.

The pics looks like normal game wear. It's hockey. You aren't going to get the same wear spots and incidents with every stick. Skate blades will cause anything from light scratches to deep chunks depending on the circumstances.