Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
jeremytai

CCM F.I.T.

I'm looking into buying some new skates - upgrading from my old 652's. I know some of the top-of-the-line CCM's have a F.I.T. system. Anyone know what the different colors mean? For example, what is "red" in regard to the F.I.T. system?

There is red, blue and white stiffnesses. If I remember correctly it goes red, blue, white from stiffest to least stiff. The F-I-T system is kinda of like a skate bake in the fact that they help mold the skates to your feet, however the F-I-T doesn't use heat to do it.

I'm looking into buying some new skates - upgrading from my old 652's. I know some of the top-of-the-line CCM's have a F.I.T. system. Anyone know what the different colors mean? For example, what is "red" in regard to the F.I.T. system?

The color determines the stiffness of the boot. Red is the stiffest followed by blue which is still stuff, just not as stiff as red. White is not very stiff and is only available on CCM junior skate sizes.

The FIT system is a machine that many LHS' have and use in conjuction with a skate baking oven. When someone gets their skates baked, rather than just putting them on and sitting with your feet in the skates after they're baked, you put your feet into the FIT machine.

Basically what the FIT system does is it's this machine that you put put your feet in and inside it has these expandable air bags, they turn the FIT machine on and the air bags inside inflate all around your feet and they can turn up the air pressure to completely compress the airbags around the entire skate to mold it to your foot... i've had it done before and it's absolutely brutal like a torture chamber for your feet.

If you've never seen a FIT machine before, the best way I can describe it is it's like a giant blood pressure machine. I would not recommend having this done, try breaking in your skates the normal way and ONLY do the FIT system if your skates are giving you trouble or something.

Most CCM dealers have a FIT machine, but some do not. Go to the CCM dealer locator page on their website and it will tell you if a shop has a FIT machine or not.

Edited by Accord

The fit machines cost around $5000. I didn't think that was worth it, especially since I'm not convinced it does any better at reducing break-in than regular baking/then skating.

The fit machines cost around $5000. I didn't think that was worth it, especially since I'm not convinced it does any better at reducing break-in than regular baking/then skating.

My LHS charges 50 bucks a pop to use the FIT machine unless you buy the skeats from them at their incredibly inflated prices.

Anyone else use or try the CCM F.I.T. pressure system for baked/fitted skates.

$5,000.00 ???

I have a chance to buy one near new condition for my Shop for $200.bucks delievred ?

As far as being brutal ? It puts out 3 psi,(according to the manual) not very much pressure.

Had 952's baked and used the fit machine about 5 years back. Worked great, wondering why we don't see those machines in newer stores? Seems like not much pressure needed on skate eyelets after baking, the machine does the molding.

$200, lol-I couldn't resist a FIT machine at that price for my home, seems like a great addition to a shop. Does CCM advise new skates like the U+ not go into the FIT machine for some reason?

I had my CCM E60's baked & then go in the FIT machine. I definitely think the bladders helped the boot to mold a little better. I'll take any extra molding for a better long term fit. As for the U+ Pro's, I am trying out a pair right now and the instruction card that came with them recommends using the FIT machine right after the baking is done. Unfortunately my LHS stopped doing the FIT a couple years back.

I had my CCM E60's baked & then go in the FIT machine. I definitely think the bladders helped the boot to mold a little better. I'll take any extra molding for a better long term fit. As for the U+ Pro's, I am trying out a pair right now and the instruction card that came with them recommends using the FIT machine right after the baking is done. Unfortunately my LHS stopped doing the FIT a couple years back.

Well.... I thought CCM recommended the F.I.T. System for the U+ and, in general for a better molded boot/fit.

However.. After looking for a machine for my shop, I keep getting the same reply.. "No longer being made" ? Huh..

CCM recommends using the machine but no longer makes the machine ? ;)

Well Mine gets delivered today.

I bought the Top Oven by Blademaster 4x the price of the rinky dink Bauer Oven, but after I saw it in use I was sold.

Also bought the Blademaster skate stretcher and the matching cart and a expensive Blademaster 2 piece Bench......So he told me for $200 extra he'd bring the FIT System skate mold machine, w/no manual... I said sure why not, I'll look on line to see what it is all about.

Not much out here on this machine..

It was expensive and a lot of shops did not invest in the machine.

My last shop in MI had a ton of them with busted motors and whatnot. There was a rink that had one sitting there after the tenant left and they called me and gave it to me as long as I was able to pick it up, which I did.

Basically what the FIT system does is it's this machine that you put put your feet in and inside it has these expandable air bags, they turn the FIT machine on and the air bags inside inflate all around your feet and they can turn up the air pressure to completely compress the airbags around the entire skate to mold it to your foot... i've had it done before and it's absolutely brutal like a torture chamber for your feet.

I recently got my skates (U+ 09) baked and molded using the FIT system. For me, it didn't hurt at all. This is the procedure I followed (per instructed by the nice folks at No Icing Sports):

1. Put skates on after they come out of the oven
  2. Tighten skates a little looser than if you were to skate with them
  3. Leave the top eyelet open
  4. Stick your feet into the FIT machine and they turn the machine on, the air bladders inflate, I felt moderate pressure around my foot, but nothing painful
  5. For approximately the next 15 minutes or so, the machine continues to add air every 3-5 minutes, I think it's to keep the pressure consistent, not to add more pressure
  6. After about 15 minutes, the air relieved, the store was busy, so it was another 5-10 minutes before I got my feet out of the machine

I was really surprised how much the skates molded to my feet.

It was expensive and a lot of shops did not invest in the machine.

My last shop in MI had a ton of them with busted motors and whatnot. There was a rink that had one sitting there after the tenant left and they called me and gave it to me as long as I was able to pick it up, which I did.

I called the manufacturer... This unit sold for $4,800.00 So if you got it free ? ...wow

Mine is the Red one, supposed to be the latest and Best model they made.

Vs the Silver or whatever...

I have Bauer VaporXXX and may switch to the U+ 09 or Pro.. I want Light weight and Comfort.

Those or the Easton s15 or s17

I usually get a EE because I like Thick socks in my skates.

At least now I feel confident i can properly heat and Mold them for the best fit possible.

I was wondering why Nobody around here had this machine ?

Disscontinued.

A New model is in the works to be released.. where the Heater?oven is built in. No separate baking needed.

everything is pre-set time and temp etc..

$$$ Dunno what Shops will buy into it ?

IMHO I find that getting your skates fitted by someone who knows their stuff is way better than that FIT machine. That machine is useful if you have a bunch of n00bs who dont know anything about skates working at your store only

IMHO I find that getting your skates fitted by someone who knows their stuff is way better than that FIT machine. That machine is useful if you have a bunch of n00bs who dont know anything about skates working at your store only

Well IMO getting a skate to fit properly(once bought) has only a little to do with the knoledge of the staff.

I mean if it is too big , too narrow, wide, ...choosoing a skate with the correct instep design to match the persons instep etc.. is Important (althought SuperFeet can fix that,usually).

BUT.. Beyond that.. NooBee or seasoned.. You can't make a skate fit better once on the foot without Equipment.

You need the Experienced staff to help the know it all buyer choose the skate, but the commercials on you tube usually have the person sold before they come in.

Customer is always right.. even when they're wrong.

So.. then you do your best to make them comfy.. Bake and fit, ..then do your best to make them perform..ROH and profile.

Even selecting laces can make a skate feel different when skating(to an experienced skater) waxed vs non wax.

The general concesses is.......If You have a F.I.T. System in your Shop, someone is more likely to buy the U+ (or ??)from you and use the service...AND.. Then Tell everybody they play with.

SO,, I'm kinda looking at it from a Pro Shop point of view.. worth owning or Not ?

Edited by Russell Hockey Shop

well in that case, go for it.

To be honest with you, i doubt that spending so much money on a that machine will be worth it, the U+ just isn't nearly as popular as the Bauer Skates. i would concentrate on pushing bauer skates.

well in that case, go for it.

To be honest with you, i doubt that spending so much money on a that machine will be worth it, the U+ just isn't nearly as popular as the Bauer Skates. i would concentrate on pushing bauer skates.

I agree with you..but is ANYONE EVER going to Push to compete with Bauer ?

I mean Tuuk has been number one in the NHL forever.

The fact they made a good skate is not a bad thing, I'd like to see more competition that's all.

I was skeptical of the benefits of the machine as we really had no problems fitting skates without it. However, since we've had it, I've changed my mind, it works great and does a much better job than just sitting in the skates. Customers love it as well. We use it on all brands. Combined with sizing, heating, punching, and stretching, it provides the total service package. A good addition for any pro shop.

f2racer, sorry we held you captive in the machine longer than necessary. :D I'll have to scold the front desk folks and also restock the magazine rack.

• Like 1

f2racer, sorry we held you captive in the machine longer than necessary. :D I'll have to scold the front desk folks and also restock the magazine rack.

No worries jimmy, you've got a great shop with very nice/helpful folks. The skates fit great, first pair of ice skates (other than my 20+ year old Microns) I've been on that hasn't caused pain.

I was skeptical of the benefits of the machine as we really had no problems fitting skates without it. However, since we've had it, I've changed my mind, it works great and does a much better job than just sitting in the skates. Customers love it as well. We use it on all brands. Combined with sizing, heating, punching, and stretching, it provides the total service package. A good addition for any pro shop.

Well Thanks so much for the helpfull feedback.

I open (officailly) me wee pro shop Friday, As I finally have all the equipment I was after.

Being able to offer the "whole sevice pkg" to me seems important... to feel like your providing customers with everything out there available worth having. :)

ps.

I offer DVD's to watch magazines seem to 80's....hehe

Edited by Russell Hockey Shop