Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Sprungdownunder

Advice Kuzak old school chassis set up

So I want to go back to old school style frame which is the kuzak low profile chassis I think it came out as a 68-68-72-72 but I was wondering if anyone has tried a rocketed set up of 72-72-80-76 which gives you a 3 forward rocker & a 2 wheel backward rocker, or should I just stick to the OG set up.

Looking for People’s past experiences & there thoughts on it.

You can't really 'rocker' a hi-lo chassis and expect to get the results you describe here, they're just not designed for that. I'm also unsure if you could actually use either 72mm or even 80mm wheels this chassis as they might not fit given the 68-68-72-72 set up. I'm all for trying new things but unfortunately I don't think you are going to get your desired results here and would be best off keeping the set up of this chassis.

If you wanted to get into 'rockering' a chassis you're either gonna need a time machine or hope a pair of Suregrip frames pop up on ebay. I think I remember them having the ability to rocker the front and back wheel, the axel hole came oversized and offered different shims to give the front and back wheel a rocker. I remember way back in the 90's a lot of people rockering the front wheel on this chassis to get more of an ice feel, I never tried them so I can't really comment.

• Like 1

Thx for the response, I tried the 76-80-72-72 set up it the backyard & it was great with low speed /area I had to try it out but the 80mm wheel took a beating & not so sure how it would go with top end speed & at a rink.

That being said I did some more research into it & found out its the kuzak split chassis which uses 76-76-68-68 for lower centre of gravity.

Looks like I will just stick with that set up in the rink ATM.