Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
MyBoxersSayJoe

Jersey collection from deceased relative

My cousin called me, said her husband’s uncle died. His widow is looking to move his collection of hockey jerseys. He has things like game worn and signed Gretzky (Rangers), Lemieux, original Devils, Russian/USSR etc. all with COAs. Someone offered the widow $300 for the Gretzky jersey and she declined. 

Does anyone know a way of pricing out these jerseys or auctions that deal specifically with sports memorabilia? Thanks for any help, I should have a list of what’s in the collection by the weekend. 

Post some photos and we can assess if they're actually gamers or retail replica/authentics.  If it's indeed a game worn, the autograph will hurt its value slightly.  Who issued the COAs?  If they're from a reputable source (ex. the team) then it'll add value.  The COA does nothing for the jersey if its issued by an unknown company.

I have a game-worn and signed Gretzky (Kings) jersey, definitely wouldn’t take $300 for it. 

Related - I don’t have a COA for it.  It was given to me in the early 90s before COAs became an important thing.  Is there any company that can authenticate it for me this point or am I just SOL?

On 8/24/2019 at 10:27 AM, shooter27 said:

I have a game-worn and signed Gretzky (Kings) jersey, definitely wouldn’t take $300 for it. 

Related - I don’t have a COA for it.  It was given to me in the early 90s before COAs became an important thing.  Is there any company that can authenticate it for me this point or am I just SOL?

No companies will authenticate game worn jerseys, just signatures.  Your best bet is to find any defects (marks, loose threads) on the jersey and photomatch it.  Being a Gretzky, you should have tons of photos to choose from.

• Like 1