Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
bgdawg019

skate weight

hey guys, got a new pair of skates for the first time in about 7 years. I have been skating on the O'G total ones. I have got great life out of them. i got the 2x pro's after the scanner recommended vapor fit. tried them on, felt good, spent the money. to my surprise I was comparing the weight to my total ones, and the 2x pro's are heavier. now I know weight isn't the end of the world but I was expecting them to be about the same, if not the vapors to be lighter. any thoughts one this?

my head is telling me that the new tech will make such a difference in energy transfer and power that it wont matter much about the weight. also I have bigger steels and the boot is new vs a worn down skate. few thoughts I had. anyhow I'm excited to take them out today and start the break in process. thanks

15 hours ago, bgdawg019 said:

I did some research and I am realizing how much of a noob post this really is. 😑

give it to me

Ha! :3_grin::22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::106_middle_finger:

Actually that's surprising and says something about the old design. But certainly a few grams won't make any difference. Either you're a good skater or you ain't.

9 hours ago, 218hockey said:

Ha! :3_grin::22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::106_middle_finger:

Actually that's surprising and says something about the old design. But certainly a few grams won't make any difference. Either you're a good skater or you ain't.

It’s funny. The total ones clock in at 780’s grams. No skate in the top line ccm or Bauer is under 800. My 2x pros are around 870. 

I think a few things come into play with tech and overall construction. The lightest skate isn’t as important as stick weights. I noticed no difference on the ice with them. If anything I felt I could dig into the turns more.