Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
marka

Hockey Central at Noon?

Howdy,

26 minutes ago, SlaterC42 said:

I think it comes back on next week.

Good.  🙂  I got in the habit of listening to it in the car last season and miss it now.

It was just weird that I couldn't find anything about when its supposed to start up again.  Made me wonder if it was gone for good or something.

Mark

I'm not a huge fan of Sportsnet hockey coverage in general, though Marek isn't too bad. Maybe I'll give it a listen. I'm an Overdrive listener though. I listen to all 3 hours every weekday, though that's obviously more Toronto specific.

16 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I'm not a huge fan of Sportsnet hockey coverage in general, though Marek isn't too bad. Maybe I'll give it a listen. I'm an Overdrive listener though. I listen to all 3 hours every weekday, though that's obviously more Toronto specific.

The Toronto bias is understandable but has me turn away from time to time just because I look to Canadian coverage to provide legitimate hockey insight into the league. Definitely don't get that here down in the States haha.

On 9/23/2019 at 6:26 PM, marka said:

Howdy,

Anyone know when / if the Hockey Central at Noon podcast will start back up?

Mark

Have you tried 31 Thoughts with Elliotte Friedman?  He's been putting out episodes already has some great interviews.  I do HCN during the season along with 31 Thoughts and, of course, Spittin Chiclets... I'm an hour and 15+ away from work so I get some good windshield time to catch up on podcasts.

• Like 1

Howdy,

So it looks like this is still going on, but the NHL Network has dropped them as of yesterday...

Anyone know why?

Kinda a bummer.  With no other hockey happening, I was hoping to be able to tune in and watch every day I'm working at home over lunch...

Mark

I was bummed by it too. I’m guessing it has to do with the number of people on the set being reduced or something like that. You can still listen to the live radio feed (I use the TuneIn Radio app) or download the podcast.

• Like 1

Howdy,

Podcasts are good.  Its just that I've always only listened to them while driving.  I'm not sure I can just sit here and listen to something.  With the tv show, there was also something to watch.

Maybe I'll try it, I dunno.  Or I'll see if I can figure out a way to listen to it while I'm out for a (solitary, not near anyone) walk.

Mark

27 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Podcasts are good.  Its just that I've always only listened to them while driving.  I'm not sure I can just sit here and listen to something.  With the tv show, there was also something to watch.

Maybe I'll try it, I dunno.  Or I'll see if I can figure out a way to listen to it while I'm out for a (solitary, not near anyone) walk.

Mark

Oh yeah, they’re generally what I’m listening to while driving. Sometimes while I’m working depending on how much concentration I need.