Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Griff

Adhesive for Easton S15 skate repair?

Here's my dilemma, 

My brother has been skating on a pair of easton S15's since they were new. They are literally the only skates he has ever owned that have not hurt his feet. The adhesive that connects the softer materials to the carbon is starting to fail. This isn't exactly surprising, and is probably closer to impressive, considering the adhesive issues that easton had with composite skates back around then. (Were any Synergy 1200's not warrantied?) Anyway given the vast number of shoe glue and other adhesives on the market does anyone have any experience with one that worked for this skate? I'll be repairing them one way or another but was just hoping for some advice. 

Thanks

I've used the E6000 glue on the S17 and other skates and it's awesome. No issues. It's a lot like ShoeGoo.... flexible glue and not rock hard like crazy glue. So far the E6000 has been the best glue since it can handle some flex. Tubing giving that a shot.

I also used a clamp to help further attach the soft material to the carbon boot and have had good results

On 9/25/2019 at 10:37 PM, Griff said:

Here's my dilemma, 

My brother has been skating on a pair of easton S15's since they were new. They are literally the only skates he has ever owned that have not hurt his feet. The adhesive that connects the softer materials to the carbon is starting to fail. This isn't exactly surprising, and is probably closer to impressive, considering the adhesive issues that easton had with composite skates back around then. (Were any Synergy 1200's not warrantied?) Anyway given the vast number of shoe glue and other adhesives on the market does anyone have any experience with one that worked for this skate? I'll be repairing them one way or another but was just hoping for some advice. 

Thanks

Were you able to repair them with the E6000 glue?  I have the same problem and my glue arrived today.

On 9/25/2019 at 4:37 PM, Griff said:

Here's my dilemma, 

Thanks

What size does he wear I have a couple pairs.

On 9/25/2019 at 4:37 PM, Griff said:

Here's my dilemma, 

Thanks

If you use 2-part epoxy, it will connect pretty good (as in the softer material will give away before the epoxy gives away) and the epoxy hardens to a solid state like plastic. 

Mix the two parts together (per the manufacturers directions), apply to the surfaces you want to glue. Clamp together with a c-clamp or other clamp. Let it dry (or cure if you want to use the technical term).

Is there any connection between Verbero’s boots and the Easton S15/17? Verberos look like the same pattern just redressed.