Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JQ1

Lower Profile Shinguard

Recently switched from an old (mid-2000s) Bauer supreme to a Bauer Nexus 1N and they feel huge, super bulky. I went with the Nexus because of the traditional fit profile and coming from a Mid-2000's I thought they would be similar fitting. What is the best form fitting or lower profile shin guard? I've heard the Bauer Supreme, but is there a lower profile CCM? Unfortunately there is no local shop to try on gear where I'm located. 

I have the Supreme 2S Pro and the Vapor 1X Lite. They are both low profile but I think the Supreme 2S Pro fits a little more snug and has MUCH better protection while only weighing a small amount more. After they are broken in they both have the same level of range and mobility. 

667 grams vs 530 grams 

I took a slapper from Shane Doan in mens league and had I not been wearing the Supreme 2S Pro I think the outcome would have been MUCH worse. This was a week after I blocked the shot so you can imagine how bad it was the first day after.

W7W8GRDl.jpg

MnFn7Ra.jpg

7LoUmVl.jpg

Edited by SkateWorksPNW
  • Like 1

I’m gonna piggyback on this and ask about shin guards that aren’t as deep. I have long, but thinish legs. I feel like my legs sits deeper in shin guards than I’d like. 

Or, maybe instead of “less deep” I’m asking for “tighter fitting.”

Currently in 16” CCM QLT290s. They are good enough, but I feel like I have to pull the straps really tight or tape tight to keep them from shifting. 

I have the ft1 shins and they are very light and low profile but I have a feeling they aren't as protective as others in the same price range.