Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Zjack38

Supreme adv

On 10/7/2019 at 2:41 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

Yeah, they have been out in the wild for a while now. Just a lighter weight Suprme without that silly renew gel core blade which made that sticks stupid blade heavy. 

Not even close... the taper is completely different than anything I have seen before.

1 hour ago, Hills said:

Not even close... the taper is completely different than anything I have seen before.

Looks like a straight Edge taper with an extra edge on the top from what I can see 

Appears that the flex profile is modified/changed for easier loading according to IG....

Asked my LHS about these and they couldn’t give me too much info but when I asked, they said that there will be more curves other than just p92 like the vapor adv was...

5 hours ago, iameric said:

Looks like a straight Edge taper with an extra edge on the top from what I can see 

It bulges outwards, like a snake swallowing an egg.

If you want to see the new ADV stick up close, with the taper etc.. Add jenni Hiirikoski from Luleå Hockey (sdhl)/Finnish national team on instagram.. She put a shorter clip out yesterday with the new supreme adv stick.

On 10/14/2019 at 10:25 PM, Hills said:

Did the Octogun expand outwards?

Can’t recall it expanding but having seen the stick in person it definitely reminds me of it, more so than the QR Edge.

I also doubt the veracity of Bauer‘s claims that the bowing out provides meaningful performance benefit, or even that the taper shape significantly improves performance. My conspiracy theory is that Bauer is trying to stave off counterfeiters (which was a problem with the Vapor ADV) since I doubt any have the capability to replicate that design.

31 minutes ago, GoalForFun said:

Can’t recall it expanding but having seen the stick in person it definitely reminds me of it, more so than the QR Edge.

I also doubt the veracity of Bauer‘s claims that the bowing out provides meaningful performance benefit, or even that the taper shape significantly improves performance. My conspiracy theory is that Bauer is trying to stave off counterfeiters (which was a problem with the Vapor ADV) since I doubt any have the capability to replicate that design.

If that's the case they run the risk of nobody wanting to buy (or counterfeit) a crappy product. Initial reviews and opinions seem to all dislike the bottom heavy feel of these sticks.

41 minutes ago, GoalForFun said:

[...]

My conspiracy theory is that Bauer is trying to stave off counterfeiters (which was a problem with the Vapor ADV) since I doubt any have the capability to replicate that design.

After having seen/studied how some counterfeit manufacturing works in China (specifically for clothing and watches), replicating this is a non issue if the sticks are manufactured somewhere in China. Maybe it could be a sticking point for a patent law, but pursuing it overseas would be a whole other issue.

Edited by Giltis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, colins said:

If that's the case they run the risk of nobody wanting to buy (or counterfeit) a crappy product. Initial reviews and opinions seem to all dislike the bottom heavy feel of these sticks.

I think the days of the Tacks and Supreme stick lines are numberd, they will slowly phase out due to sticks that offer a variable kick point. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

3 hours ago, colins said:

A buddy returned his to the store after 2 hours of use. I didn’t buy one because it felt bottom heavy as **** in the store to the point where the balance made it as “heavy” as a 2SPro.

Edited by GoalForFun

On 10/15/2019 at 10:36 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

Had a chance to use it today. Was not impressed. Ill wait for them to release the Nexus ADV. 

You can already get a Nexus ADV any pro stock with a 1NXL Code is a nexus adv, check side line swap they usually have some that pop up

5 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

They use that geometry so they can make the stick lighter, on a high kick stick like Supreme the bottom taper would have a lot of extra layers of carbon fiber to stiffen out the bottom with the Sonic taper they didn’t have to use more layers bc the geometry itself makes it a stiffer taper so less carbon fiber is used shedding weight.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sbecks72986 said:

They use that geometry so they can make the stick lighter, on a high kick stick like Supreme the bottom taper would have a lot of extra layers of carbon fiber to stiffen out the bottom with the Sonic taper they didn’t have to use more layers bc the geometry itself makes it a stiffer taper so less carbon fiber is used shedding weight.

Spot on...

6 hours ago, sbecks72986 said:

You can already get a Nexus ADV any pro stock with a 1NXL Code is a nexus adv, check side line swap they usually have some that pop up

Not necessarily true.

7 hours ago, sbecks72986 said:

Admittedly I’m no aerospace engineering expert but couldn’t they have developed a different carbon weave? Or why did it necessarily need to bow out? Couldn’t it have been the same shape but tapered down or at least the same width as the rest of the shaft?