Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Siponarius

Fat Guy Pants

Title says it all.

I’m a bigger guy... 6’1”, 44” inch waist (maybe 43”), 270lbs (trying to drop that too) looking for advice on pants. Should be note there aren’t a lot in the way of shops within 3hours, and with winter coming, won’t be making any trips soon. 

I’m not trying to break the bank on gear either. I’m only slapping the pads on when the all else fails with our weekly pickup  

I wear an XL TotalOne player pant, comfortable enough, and figured the same would apply for goalie pants. Picked up a XL NXG on SidelineSwap ... did not fit well at all. Once I went back to look, Bauer lists it as 36”-40”waist. 

Other than Vaughn, it doesn’t seem like anyone else does XXL. Im curious about CCM. The list their XL at 38”-42”. Does their stuff fit a little bigger? I notice a few HGP12A up on SLS I’m not sure I want to roll the dice on unless I’m sure. 

EDIT: Going into the Wayback Machine, I see Reebok lists their Large at 44”-46”, and their XL at 48”-50”. Any truth to this? I see a few of them listed as well.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Siponarius

I'm bigger in the waist as well. I'm hoping getting back on the ice can help. I bought a pair of supreme S190 pants. They have a nice design with velcro straps that sit on your stomach so you don't have to rely on them sitting on your waist. I like the S190 more than the 1S because it has less material that makes it lighter plus considering its beer league I don't think you need the same protection NHLers do.. plus they're cheaper than a 1S pant. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theinfamoust94 said:

I'm bigger in the waist as well. I'm hoping getting back on the ice can help. I bought a pair of supreme S190 pants. They have a nice design with velcro straps that sit on your stomach so you don't have to rely on them sitting on your waist. I like the S190 more than the 1S because it has less material that makes it lighter plus considering its beer league I don't think you need the same protection NHLers do.. plus they're cheaper than a 1S pant. 

I might have to look at the s190 then when they go on sale. In the mean time one of my friends have lent me an older pair of Bauer’s in XXL, so we will see how they fit

I have pro return CCM (Crawford) that are an XL and fit me well. Just loose enough to be comfortable. I was wearing them when I had a 38-40 jean size (and still wearing them now that I'm a 34). If you're wearing 44 jeans then you're definitely going to want to go XXL. Retail is unlikely to be much of an option for you for the most part unless you get lucky. I'd probably look for some pro stock/return stuff on sidelineswap, ebay, prostockhockey.com etc. 

The other option would be to go to somebody like Brown or Simmons who can get you set up with something custom. Honestly I'd probably just end up going that route if I were in your situation just to avoid the hassle of trying to find something that fits right since pro stock stuff can be a crapshoot (and not returnable if it doesn't fit right or doesnt feel right even if it fits).

• Like 1

I wear 38" jeans and have XL CCM Premier pants.  With the interior belt, they were too small, but I snipped that out and they're more than roomy enough (they have an outer belt and I wear suspenders anyway).  When I started, and weighed more, I had Bauer Classic, which fit quite loose but also have almost no padding up toward the hips, so depending on your pickup group's skill level that may not be a great option.