Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Jonah

Ccm tacks skate blades

I am kinda new to hockey and have been skating on my tacks 9060 skates for a while now. I use them between 3-5 times a week. I got the sb black steel, and the steel shows some type of wear. Can someone see if they are ruined? Do you recommend putting in another (type of) steel?http://D6A87218-C9A5-4987-B096-6CA458D84FD4_zps

1 hour ago, Monty22 said:

Not ruined,  but your sharpener used a stone on the sides and damaged the cosmetic finish on the blades. 

So can the sb black blades be defined as good quality, without the "cosmetic" layer. Or do you recommend different blades?

The finish on the CCM's is oxidized.  It doesn't affect performance at all, scratched or not. 

If you are unhappy with the performance, Step is always a solid choice for replacement steel.

8 hours ago, Jonah said:

So can the sb black blades be defined as good quality, without the "cosmetic" layer. Or do you recommend different blades?

The quality of steel in CCM blades is generally considered poor compared to the after-market blades.  I used the SB black blades for two games before switching to Step Steel.  Change was definitely noticeable.  There's several options out there, and I'd say they are all better then CCM's stock steel:

StepSteel, Byonic, Massive Blade, Tydan, Bladetech, Blackedge, Ramon Edge, Flare Skate blades.  

Edited by CaptainCharisma