Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pasz33

True inline skates yes or no?

Anyone wearing them I would like to know what you think. I am looking for a new pair of high end skates. I am tired of lower end skates breaking down after a couple of seasons. I am a bigger guy that is hard on my skates they always break down around the ankle area.  Any other recommendations for a good skate is also apricated.

Thanks,

Steve

If I was as into roller as ice I would get true inlines. But I haven't played inline hockey in about 8 years. I'm looking to get back into it next summer. If roller is your primary type of hockey you play I say go for it. If not I'd try to find some used or pro return ones. Or even wait for their retail version ice skates to come out and slap some online chassis on them. 

I have both ice and inline trues. I like the inline ones a lot! But not as much as I love the ice ones, but it’s also harder to find stock inline skates that fit well due to less options available. 

Why don't you love the inline versions as much as your ice True skates? Is it due to the chassis or are there differences in the boots themselves?

On 4/17/2020 at 7:30 AM, althoma1 said:

Are there differences in the boots themselves?

The roller boot is very similar to the ice boot but there are subtle changes, such as the toe cap. I also think the roller boot is stiffer but that could be my TRUE rollers are newer than my ice skate. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 10:30 AM, althoma1 said:

Why don't you love the inline versions as much as your ice True skates? Is it due to the chassis or are there differences in the boots themselves?

The main negative is the footbed isn’t quite as comfortable. I think it’s probably because of the overall rigidity of the chassis and pushing in to the foot. I can wear my ice version all day with no discomfort, the inline there’s a slight bit (still better than my previous skates). The boot itself also feels more rigid but it’s probably more just how bottom heavy they are, common of most inline skates. 

that said, worth the purchase to me, especially given how few retail boots there are and that I haven’t found a fit amongst them that I’m comfortable with yet. 

• Like 1