Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
specs78

Baking gloves.

Recently picked up a pair of Verbero Cypress 4 roll gloves. On the tag they say they are heat moldable but no instructions provided. Any advice on baking a pair of gloves at home? I searched and didn't find any info.

Thanks

1 hour ago, specs78 said:

Recently picked up a pair of Verbero Cypress 4 roll gloves. On the tag they say they are heat moldable but no instructions provided. Any advice on baking a pair of gloves at home? I searched and didn't find any info.

Thanks

I like to steam my gloves to break them in. Video below. 

Most gloves are safe to toss in the oven for 2 minutes with the oven set around 200 degrees. 

10 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I like to steam my gloves to break them in. Video below. 

Most gloves are safe to toss in the oven for 2 minutes with the oven set around 200 degrees. 

Hhhhmmm. Never thought of doing this.  I don't own a steamer. Do you think it would work bringing a big tea kettle to boil and holding the glove over the steam release thing? 

Gloves now a days don't require much break in from what I've seen, most are good to go from the start... long gone are the days of full leather bricks taking months to break in 😂 the struggle was real back in the 90's... I still have flashbacks of breaking in Easton Air GX gloves, those things were torture but oh so rad. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, clarkiestooth said:

Hhhhmmm. Never thought of doing this.  I don't own a steamer. Do you think it would work bringing a big tea kettle to boil and holding the glove over the steam release thing? 

I just answered my own question. Just tried it on a new pair of CCM Jetspeed pro stocks. I think the extra padding made them feel tight and stiff on the hand. Steamed using the kettle and they loosened right up.

Warm up a skate oven, turn the oven off and put your gloves inside for 1-2 minutes.  I like to heat one glove at a time so I can work it in before the other glove cools down.

• Like 1