Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

Added some D3O and HD foams to Vapor 1x Lite shins today

Had a player who wanted to add some extra knee and shot protection to his 1X Lite shins as opposed to replacing them with a "beefier" option. Here is the completed project. He wanted to keep the good airflow and lightweight of the shins while adding extensive protection to the knee. In the shin we used a vented high density foam and cut it to still allow nice airflow to pass through. Overall, increased weight was 90 grams per shin pad.

IMG-20191108-174433.jpg

IMG-20191108-174443.jpg

IMG-20191108-174503.jpg

Interesting, thanks for showing! How did you stitch the foam and the D3O onto the pad? As it is stretched on the inside of the outer shell, I doubt there is much room without having to remove the shell, stitching in the pads and re-stitching the shell?

28 minutes ago, gosinger said:

Interesting, thanks for showing! How did you stitch the foam and the D3O onto the pad? As it is stretched on the inside of the outer shell, I doubt there is much room without having to remove the shell, stitching in the pads and re-stitching the shell?

Stitching through the D3O is actually easy, however to do it you need to remove the plastic kneecap first so you can sew through. I was actually surprised that I didnt have to cut anything or make space for the D3O to fit properly.