Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Bauer 2s Pro Eyelets?

Those who are using the stock plastic eyelets...do you like them? Do you envision them lasting as long as the traditional round metal ones?  Do they give you the "flexibility" in lacing that they marketed to provide? I'm wanting to try a pair (as well as Ribcor 80k's), and when I purchased my AS1's...those eyelets were one of the reasons I didn't choose the 2sPro.  I skate so much now that a second pair is a consideration. I also enjoy trying stuff, so...would you hold out for a pair with traditional round eyelets or would it not matter to you?  I'm looking for a pair 7.5 D, and there are a few out there but...plastic eyelets. 

Thanks All! Happy holidays to you. 

Edited by Jbear

I've had MX3's, 1S's and 2S Pro's with the injected eyelets.  I'm a big fan of them and feel that they maintain their flex properties better than traditional facing/eyelets over the life of the skate.  

There's a lot going on with the tongue.  At the very beginning I felt that there was too much felt where it begins at the toecap.  I've had mine for almost a year now and that area has compressed significantly.  If I don't like what next year's new Supreme offers I'll just pick up another pair of 2S Pro's.

1 hour ago, Jbear said:

Those who are using the stock plastic eyelets...do you like them? Do you envision them lasting as long as the traditional round metal ones?  Do they give you the "flexibility" in lacing that they marketed to provide? I'm wanting to try a pair (as well as Ribcor 80k's), and when I purchased my AS1's...those eyelets were one of the reasons I didn't choose the 2sPro.  I skate so much now that a second pair is a consideration. I also enjoy trying stuff, so...would you hold out for a pair with traditional round eyelets or would it not matter to you?  I'm looking for a pair 7.5 D, and there are a few out there but...plastic eyelets. 

Thanks All! Happy holidays to you. 

FWIW the 2020 Bauer line of Supreme skates no longer is using injected eyelets.... 

I prefer the injected facing. I feel they maintain the tension better, and make tying easier as the holes grip the laces. As for durability, my skates have more damage on other parts in the form of cuts from other blades than on the facing. 

18 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

FWIW the 2020 Bauer line of Supreme skates no longer is using injected eyelets.... 

I have a feeling it's going to be a Vapor feature from here on out.

12 hours ago, jared9356 said:

How come?

They decided to go with a more flexible facing to enhance the forward range of motion.

Apparently they found the injected eyelets were better at promoting side-to-side movements due to the enhance lateral support. This would obviously be better on a Vapor than a Supreme skate. 

asQ5qmA.jpg

4 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

I have a feeling it's going to be a Vapor feature from here on out.

Agreed. 

On 11/29/2019 at 12:07 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

They decided to go with a more flexible facing to enhance the forward range of motion.

Apparently they found the injected eyelets were better at promoting side-to-side movements due to the enhance lateral support. This would obviously be better on a Vapor than a Supreme skate. 

asQ5qmA.jpg

Agreed. 

Just saw a picture of these. It’s like Bauer set out to make a very ugly One95 reboot. If you squint it’s like a hybrid between a prototypical Bauer boot and a Mako. Very interested to see these in person.

On 11/28/2019 at 12:42 PM, Leif said:

I prefer the injected facing. I feel they maintain the tension better, and make tying easier as the holes grip the laces.

Agree. Really grip when new, almost too much, but they'll break in.

I just wonder about the volume on the new model and if the tongue will change?