Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

This is why you should make sure your pro shop knows what they are doing.....

Players was saying one skate felt drastically different than the other.

He just had mailed out his steel to be profiled so he was convinced it had to be some other issue.... Maybe a crooked holder or something else. 

Can you spot the problem?

orBqzao.jpg

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, caveman27 said:

It the ends of the blade are even on the surface, it appears the blade on the front is ground down more, and there appears to be some negative pitch on the front blade too.

Yeah, it's pretty much a disaster. I had to re-profile them again for him. This is why you should always make sure whomever is doing the work has a clue of what they are doing, not that they just claim they are professionals. I am not going to shame the shop that did the profile, but, they promote themselves heavily on Instagram and Reddit and should be ashamed of delivering this type of quality to someone who paid top dollar. I fixed them and then applied the profile to the steel properly without charging him since this other store really screwed him over. 

1 hour ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Yeah, it's pretty much a disaster. I had to re-profile them again for him. This is why you should always make sure whomever is doing the work has a clue of what they are doing, not that they just claim they are professionals. I am not going to shame the shop that did the profile, but, they promote themselves heavily on Instagram and Reddit and should be ashamed of delivering this type of quality to someone who paid top dollar. I fixed them and then applied the profile to the steel properly without charging him since this other store really screwed him over. 

I don't know how long it took you to grind that much metal down for the taller blade, and then to reprofile the radius on both of them. Just curious, how much time did that require?

I cringe every time I see a self-serving post by that guy. Oh, should I have used a hashtag?

1 hour ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

45 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

I cringe every time I see a self-serving post by that guy. Oh, should I have used a hashtag?

I'd like to know who that is in case I am wasting my money on something?

1 hour ago, caveman27 said:

I don't know how long it took you to grind that much metal down for the taller blade, and then to reprofile the radius on both of them. Just curious, how much time did that require?

About 2 hours start to finish. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, caveman27 said:

Wow. That's double what I thought it would be.  

I like to take my time when I profile. It's easy to remove a large amount of material in a short period of time and if you make a mistake you cannot add that material back 😉 

For example, the first time I was doing STEP Black Steel (DLC) the coating has a tendency to slip when you are profiling in a ProSharp machine if you are applying a lot of pressure on the pendulum. I didn't notice this and was multitasking and the steel slipped. The whole profile was screwed up as a result. It was easy enough to fix but I took off more material than I would have liked had I not screwed up and took my time and paid attention. 

Leson learned. 

• Like 1