Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
static86

Quad 1 - static86

Profile - Quad 1

Steel – Step 272

Hollow – 3/4"

Skates - CCM Super Tacks size 8 with Superfeet Carbon pro hockey inserts.

About Me –  I've been skating regularly for 10 years, started in my early 20's and have been working on my skating ever since. I've done several power skating classes to help improve along with plenty of extra ice time to put it all together and practice. I am usually on the ice 3-4 times a week between beer league and sticks and pucks. I had my skates profiled for the first time about 3 years ago to a 10' and it was an immediate improvement to the stock CCM steel which did not seem very consistent. I've been curious about trying some other profiles and came across the Prosharp Project and it seemed like a great way to find out what works best for me.

Review -  This is the one! Feels very similar to the Quad 0 but with the added top end speed and stability that I was looking for. Making quick cuts, turns, and transitions all felt very similar to the Quad 0. Forward skating, backward skating and crossovers all feel good, I was able to accelerate quickly in both of those directions and I felt good in net front and board battles. I feel a lot more confident on my skates and in turn it makes me more confident in games which is a plus.

Acceleration - 4.5

Mobility - 4.5

Stability – 4.5

Speed – 4.5

Profiles I've tried rated best to worst:

1. Quad 1

2. Quad 0

3. 10'-20'

4.10' (control)

5. Zuperior M

Edited by static86

On 12/11/2019 at 6:28 PM, pgeorgan said:

I ended up going with Quad 0, 1mm forward pitch. I love it. I won't post too detailed a review because honestly, the whole thing is quite subjective. I'll just add that there's probably some version of the Quad for anyone that's interested. 

Did you default to a 1mm forward pitch in lieu of the standard 20mm pitch that comes on the Quad 0, or in addition?  I see a number of folks that think the 20mm pitch may be just a bit too much for their style, and I'm getting ready to profile a few pair to test out, and coming from a slight (5 degree forward) pitch, I think the 20mm may be a bit much also.  

On 3/12/2021 at 8:26 AM, Robertwil18 said:

Did you default to a 1mm forward pitch in lieu of the standard 20mm pitch that comes on the Quad 0, or in addition?  I see a number of folks that think the 20mm pitch may be just a bit too much for their style, and I'm getting ready to profile a few pair to test out, and coming from a slight (5 degree forward) pitch, I think the 20mm may be a bit much also.  

I always say to start with a minimal pitch a possible. You can always re-profile and add pitch but you cant add back steel you've removed. 

39 minutes ago, PBH said:

I always say to start with a minimal pitch a possible. You can always re-profile and add pitch but you cant add back steel you've removed. 

That makes perfect sense.  I recently had a set of steel pitched at .5 degrees with no additional movement to pivot point, and while i don't dislike the feel, I plan on giving the Quad 0/1 a chance soon, and I think the drastic jump to the standard 20mm pitch would be a bit much.  I may try the 1-2mm pitch and see how I enjoy it first.  Thanks.