Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Beflar

Where can I get this. Core shorts with jock.

I'm looking for this: UNDER ARMOUR CORESHORT PRO SENIOR COMPRESSION JOCK SHORT

th?id=OIP.uMoeub7rTCZ4WK7Cz-VlxgHaEg%26p

Or something like it.  Right now I put a jock on which are in compression shorts then core shorts over top.  If I can find these I can shed a layer but I think they stopped making them...

Edited by Beflar

Under Armour lost the core shorts license recently. It went back to the original designer/inventor; they are based in BC (like you and me) and they just make the shorts- not the hockey versions. Your best bet is to see if you can find the UA hockey ones on close out somewhere or try Winners.

• Like 1

In the one piece shorts, depending on how/where the cup is situated, I wonder if it would get in the way of the Kinesiology wrap.  Same with wearing the core shorts over your jock.  Seems like you’d want the core shorts/KT wrap as close to your body as possible, and the cup/ compression shorts over top of that. That way the the KT is supporting the muscles, not being wrapped over the cup, which will deform the tension/support. 

• Like 1

Ya wearing a jock over it was the only option I thought was effective without interfering with the x wrap. Kind of a pain since that's a lot of layers. I've since stopped using the core shorts as I found it actually gave me very tight hip flexors the day after being on the ice. It was good during the rehab of my groin tear though. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, shooter27 said:

Ya I saw that.  I basicly went to the dark web to try and find them...  nothing in my size.  Nadda.  Zip.  Large or extra large are all gone...  I messaged the BC company that has the patent but... 

Black

Should Look this one up.. EC3D 3D PRO HOCKEY COMPRESSION SHORTS.

Be aware tho they do fit small...I'm normally large in everything..needed an XL in these..

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 10:39 PM, the iceman said:

Under Armour lost the core shorts license recently. It went back to the original designer/inventor; they are based in BC (like you and me) and they just make the shorts- not the hockey versions. Your best bet is to see if you can find the UA hockey ones on close out somewhere or try Winners.

I emailed the company and got this as a reply!

Good day Michael,

As a matter of fact we do have a coreshorts hockey model with a jock insert.
We have not released them yet on our site . The short runs $86.00 USD .
If you decide you would like to order one, please let me know and i can have someone from our office reach out to get the necessary information.
On our site there is a sizing chart . It is important to use that as a guide tool as the short should fit like a second skin.
please  feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
happy holidays
ross
226-927-3773
  • Like 1

I'm actually quite surprised that UA only had a temporary licensing agreement. Thought they bought out the company and when they stopped making it, it as game over. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 11:51 PM, Sniper9 said:

I'm actually quite surprised that UA only had a temporary licensing agreement. Thought they bought out the company and when they stopped making it, it as game over. 

Apparently the company is in both bc Canada and Florida and they ship out of Florida...  I get the feeling that they are starting up after getting the patient back...  not cheap at the moment but I feel like I found a unicorn so I dont care.  

Update: so they ended up charging me in Canadian dollars so the price was 105 canadian shipped after tax etc.  So not bad at all.

Edited by Beflar

I love core shorts. I personally like wearing mine with an old fashioned shock doctor jock (on top) and a garter belt. I find it works better that way. Core shorts are supposed to be very tight. I think wearing jock shorts under them would be terrible uncomfortable. Over maybe, but not under.

On 12/20/2019 at 8:04 PM, Jason said:

I love core shorts. I personally like wearing mine with an old fashioned shock doctor jock (on top) and a garter belt. I find it works better that way. Core shorts are supposed to be very tight. I think wearing jock shorts under them would be terrible uncomfortable. Over maybe, but not under.

So basicly what they did was sew a old fashion jock inside  core shorts, even has the two loops to put each leg though.  I have used them for two games and love them.  Once you postion the jock it is not moving.  The velcro for the hockey socks is top notch. For 100 canadian shipped I think they are perfect.

On 1/7/2020 at 9:49 PM, Beflar said:

So basicly what they did was sew a old fashion jock inside  core shorts, even has the two loops to put each leg though.  I have used them for two games and love them.  Once you postion the jock it is not moving.  The velcro for the hockey socks is top notch. For 100 canadian shipped I think they are perfect.

Do you still like these.. wondering if they were a special build as I don't see on their site. My son has occasional groin issues & wondering if moving to something like this would help. Doesn't look like they wrap under the groin area though. How did you determine the right size? The issue is, he doesn't like the garterstraps &  cup thing... just tried some Zenkai hockey compression shorts but the cup pouch was an afterthought as it pushes cup between thighs and uncomfortable. His CCM jock compression doesn't compress that much and cup moves all over. So still looking for options. Can't seem to find a good option that checks all the boxes. 

Edited by goodguy

7 hours ago, goodguy said:

Do you still like these.. wondering if they were a special build as I don't see on their site. My son has occasional groin issues & wondering if moving to something like this would help. Doesn't look like they wrap under the groin area though. How did you determine the right size? The issue is, he doesn't like the garterstraps &  cup thing... just tried some Zenkai hockey compression shorts but the cup pouch was an afterthought as it pushes cup between thighs and uncomfortable. His CCM jock compression doesn't compress that much and cup moves all over. So still looking for options. Can't seem to find a good option that checks all the boxes. 

Bauer Pro Lock checks all my boxes. The cup pocket is on the inside so it keeps the cup nice and tight to the body. Leg velcro. Great compression and ventilation. What's not to like?

https://www.icewarehouse.com/Bauer_Pro_Lock/descpage-BPCJS19.html

23 hours ago, goodguy said:

Do you still like these.. wondering if they were a special build as I don't see on their site. My son has occasional groin issues & wondering if moving to something like this would help. 

I have occasional groin issues and wear the McDavid scipa compression shorts under a typical hockey jock compression shorts. I’ve worn both loose jock and compression and both work over the scipa shorts. It’s another layer, but really nbd considering all the other shit we put on. 

On 8/14/2020 at 6:41 PM, goodguy said:

I like the 'Coreshorts' garter belt system as you can put the jock where you like it and the compression shorts lock it in.

Here is what the company wrote me when I emailed them:

'Good day Michael,

As a matter of fact we do have a coreshorts hockey model with a jock insert.
We have not released them yet on our site . The short runs $86.00 USD .
If you decide you would like to order one, please let me know and i can have someone from our office reach out to get the necessary information.
On our site there is a sizing chart . It is important to use that as a guide tool as the short should fit like a second skin.
please  feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
happy holidays
ross
226-927-3773
'
Hope that helps.
Edited by Beflar