Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ParabolicActivity

What is the most popular curve not being sold at retail?

I keep running in to guys looking for P38 curves and Coffee curves. Then yesterday I was chatting with a guy who would kill to be able to walk into his LHS and grab a Benn pro curve. It got me wondering, what is the most wanted curve not being sold in stores?

I know a few people who really like the CCM P46 curve, but have had a hard time finding it recently. I know there's also a niche following for the Warrior Gionta and Sherwood Smith (very similar curves) and I do like both of them. My personal favourite that's not available at retail is the old Warrior Smyth, but I don't think there's a heavy demand for that one (although it's somewhat similar to the more recent CCM P46 that does have some demand). 

Disappearing now PM9, Bauer rep told me the other day that there were only a few left in stock in their stock center in Europe. After that, gone for good...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vet88 said:

Disappearing now PM9, Bauer rep told me the other day that there were only a few left in stock in their stock center in Europe. After that, gone for good...

I have one in the form of a carbon fiber blade. I actually don't like it that much. It's a 3/8" curve so there's pluses and minuses with that. For some reason, I thought it was a 1/2" curve before I bought it online.

18 hours ago, Vet88 said:

Looks like Bauer has it on the 2N Pro and Vapor Flylite. Are there plans to quit producing it? Warrior has the W01 on the DX as well. 

Edited by start_today
Spelling.

9 hours ago, start_today said:

Looks like Bauer has it on the 2N Pro and Vapor Flylite. Are there plans to quit producing it? Warrior has the W01 on the DX as well. 

It can still be found on current top of the line sticks (was phased out from all other lower lines) but whatever is out there now is it. The rep told me it will be phased out from all future lines. Player I coach uses a 2S pro 77 flex lefty and he brought the last 5 Bauer had in their warehouse in Europe. He was told they will have no more.

They want everything that's not the most popular specs to be completely MTO to control inventory and cut the volume of SKUs for retailers.

Most curves from bauer are still available with lead time and added shipping through mybauer.

I've had to place orders with shops at booking for years to get p91a sticks and this honestly makes the customer more in control. Just plan ahead.

Edited by nisselrm

On 12/23/2019 at 1:38 PM, ParabolicActivity said:

I keep running in to guys looking for P38 curves and Coffee curves. Then yesterday I was chatting with a guy who would kill to be able to walk into his LHS and grab a Benn pro curve. It got me wondering, what is the most wanted curve not being sold in stores?

With many companies making fewer options the PM9 has become requested often and is something I rarely see in local stores.

For example, Bauer only has that option in their top of the line sticks now. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

pm9 and Drury used to be the cool kid curves, and people with big banana curves got busted on. Now everyone loves giant toe curves. The world is changing and I am old and alone. 

No country for old curves. 

• Haha 1

On 12/24/2019 at 11:46 AM, GregHenn19 said:

I don't know how popular it is now, but I can't find the Drury/P91 anywhere. Said state of affairs if you ask me lol 15 years ago it was all the rage. I have to buy my sticks on Ebay now.

Craig I kind p91's on Kijjji for cheap can't remember the last time I bought retail. Some people seeing them don't know the curve so it takes some work.