Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Above40

HP31 Hockey Pants CCM Fit

I recently picked up a pair of HP31 in medium. I was surprised at how long they were. They are standard length (not  a + 1 or 2). Also the waist zipper is not unzipped so they should be at the shortest possible configuration for a medium. Also this pair does not have zippers on the legs like I thought they might. I'm 5'8" and my waist is about 35" . I weight about 190. The waist fits perfectly snug as well as around the hips which I think rules out trying a small. The legs around the quads and knees are a bit too roomy for my taste (my quads aren't huge but I have decent legs) and also an inch or so longer than I would prefer. They feel a little clunky but very robust. The dual tightening straps are awesome and also have the laces in front. Unfortunately if I let them ride on my hips they come down a little too far. I could wear them probably with suspenders but they'd be pulled up into the groin area. Not ideal. I feel like there's probably something that fits me better out there but not sure what model that might be. When I put on a pair of the cheapy CCM's in medium they seem to have half the volume of these in the legs and much less protection but are nicely streamlined on the quads. Not sure how well those would jive with my shins but they feel pretty nice.

I buy what I can locally (helmet, shins) but wanted to get some pro stock or echl pants...something with good tailbone/hip protection without breaking the bank. The HP31 seem to be available more than other models and reasonably priced most of the time so I gave them a shot. Any suggestions on what might fit a bit shorter?  Thanks.

Edited by Above40

I found these CCM HP31 pro stock pants to run larger than retail pants, but not necessarily on the length, so maybe you should try the in a size Small.
I recently purchased a new (never been worn) pair of black CCM HP31 (P7D) Size Large +2" length pro stock pants from nevermadeitprostock.com  (for $80.00 total cost ).  Since I was able to pick them up locally, I was able to try them on and did not have to pay any shipping charges.  I purchased these pants because I could not find any loose fitting CCM brand retail pants that were long enough, even with the 1" waist zipper extension, as on the XXL size CCM Tacks 9080 pants that I had recently tried on. (These HP31 pants also have the 1" additional length waist zipper.)  I am 6'4" tall (205 lbs.) and my waist size is 39". According to the label on these HP31 pants, I should require a size XXL (38"-40" waist), but the size Large (34-36" waist) pants fit very well around my hips and have plenty of room in the legs, so it appears to me that the CCM pro stock pants run 1-2 sizes larger than the label size (and the  CCM 9080 retail pants). I have to tighten the front lace all the way and tighten the waist belt firmly to secure them around my waist. These HP31 pants have a high (and somewhat heavy) level of foam padding and PE protection throughout the pant. My HP31 size Large +2" length pants weigh about 76 ounces (2155 grams), which is about 24 ounces more than my old, less protective KOHO Revolution (2250?) pants.  The nylon shell material appears to be very durable and, since they are brand new and have not been broken in yet, the shell and padding are still very stiff. The overall quality and protection these pants offer appears to be much higher than the  CCM Tacks 9080 pants that I had also considered; and, they were half the cost. Even the waist buckles on the HP31 pants are of a much higher quality than the miniature buckle on the Tacks 9080 pants. The HP31 pants do not have the zippered leg cuffs, but the cuffs are large enough to get my size 11.5 Bauer skates through. These HP31 pants would be a good choice for defensemen who need to block very hard shots, or for players who check and grind hard along the boards. If you need a highly protective pant, at the cost of a little added weight, I would recommend getting a pair of these CCM HP31 pro stock pants, but be cautious about the size you order. If you are able, try them on before you buy; if not, ask the seller for specific length dimensions from the waist belt to the cuff, also remembering that the volume on these pants runs large.  

CCM HPUCLP Medium. I'm 5'6". These fit me without a problem. Zippers in the legs. They fit pretty tight when I was 185 lbs. and were good at 176 lbs. I don't need to wear suspenders with these. They are very light. I like the tailbone protection. They were relatively cheaper compared to other CCM pro stock pants.

Edited by caveman27

On 11/29/2020 at 3:22 PM, T Bruin said:

Hi Caveman27, What is your waist size?  Is it within the 32"-34" label size for your  size Medium pants ? 

street pants is 33" so I get hockey pants in medium (Bauer, CCM, and Warrior).These particular pants are much tighter fitting than Warrior. 

Edited by caveman27