Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Buzz_LightBeer

Lefevre returns.

Interesting.

This was always my favorite design from Koho by Lefebvre. Never really knew if those rubber nubs on the outer roll did anything though. I could not afford this set.

3da42071db13e50764da5027334a841f--goalie

I’m not a huge fan. It almost feels like Lefebvre’s designs were the entire reason CCM was so far behind the curve on goalie gear. Even Vaughn had surpassed them in tech innovation and they tend to be as “classic” as they come.

That said, I almost wonder if CCM will actually be stepping up their innovation game, now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I’m not a huge fan. It almost feels like Lefebvre’s designs were the entire reason CCM was so far behind the curve on goalie gear. Even Vaughn had surpassed them in tech innovation and they tend to be as “classic” as they come.

That said, I almost wonder if CCM will actually be stepping up their innovation game, now.

While the internet believes CCM was holding Lefevre back, from what I heard it was the other way around. Lefevre certainly has their hardcore followers and a bunch are in the NHL. But I am excited for what CCM has to offer.

Carey Price was wearing LeFevre pads, with no logos, at the latest Montreal Canadiens' practices.

107887806_3269123806478274_6189648292272

But, he was wearing his white CCM pads for their latest full ice scrimmage.

Edited by caveman27

On 7/19/2020 at 10:33 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Not surprising, being a fan of the Lefevre CCM style. Crawford has been wearing them for a while now.

I didn't know that.

Looks like he's got the L20.1 too.

1204218560-850x560.jpeg

1212597422-850x560.jpeg

Edited by caveman27

He was in Reebok Premier XLT gear, that has "LeFevre" on all the patches and print, when he was with the Ducks. 

Weird that XLT is "old" gear. It doesn't feel that long ago.

Maybe the new cool thing will be to have label-less LeFevre gear? 

Ec5uHtfXsAAoIW4.jpg

Edited by caveman27

1 hour ago, caveman27 said:

He was in Reebok Premier XLT gear, that has "LeFevre" on all the patches and print, when he was with the Ducks. 

Weird that XLT is "old" gear. It doesn't feel that long ago.

Maybe the new cool thing will be to have label-less LeFevre gear? 

Ec5uHtfXsAAoIW4.jpg

Yes he wore Reebok before moving to Bauer. He’s been in Bauer his entire time in Toronto. Lefevre designed for Reebok prior to and after the merger with CCM. Andersen is signed with Bauer though (or was, I guess it’s possible that deal expired already) which makes it even more surprising.

The gear is all unbranded because they aren’t yet paying the NHL fees.

It seems most of the guys who were CCM have followed to Lefevre because that lets them stick with what’s familiar. A move from a more innovative company like Bauer to a more traditional one like Lefevre is surprising, especially with how much Andersen apparently liked the Ultrasonic line (he was wearing a pad wrapped ultrasonic blocker since the preseason because it wasn’t released yet, apparently he liked it during a photo shoot so much that he refused to give it back so they had to put pad wrap over the graphics).

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

Yes he wore Reebok before moving to Bauer. He’s been in Bauer his entire time in Toronto. Lefevre designed for Reebok prior to and after the merger with CCM. Andersen is signed with Bauer though (or was, I guess it’s possible that deal expired already) which makes it even more surprising.

The gear is all unbranded because they aren’t yet paying the NHL fees.

It seems most of the guys who were CCM have followed to Lefevre because that lets them stick with what’s familiar. A move from a more innovative company like Bauer to a more traditional one like Lefevre is surprising, especially with how much Andersen apparently liked the Ultrasonic line (he was wearing a pad wrapped ultrasonic blocker since the preseason because it wasn’t released yet, apparently he liked it during a photo shoot so much that he refused to give it back so they had to put pad wrap over the graphics).

His GAA was lower with CCM/LeFevre designed pads. So maybe, he wants to get back into familiar gear considering he went with the L12.1 instead of the L20.1... that's just a guess.

1 hour ago, caveman27 said:

His GAA was lower with CCM/LeFevre designed pads. So maybe, he wants to get back into familiar gear considering he went with the L12.1 instead of the L20.1... that's just a guess.

He never wore Eflex in the past, he wore Premier. So going to an L4.1 or L20.1 would've been closer to the Premier he had before.

11 minutes ago, Hills said:

He never wore Eflex in the past, he wore Premier. So going to an L4.1 or L20.1 would've been closer to the Premier he had before.

Hmm, good point.
1209725217-850x560.jpeg

Maybe he got to test the different models out at the LeFevre factory and liked the L12.1 the best.

Ec5uHk_WsAIflqA.jpg

Just now, caveman27 said:

Hmm, good point.
1209725217-850x560.jpeg

Maybe he got to test the different models out at the LeFevre factory and liked the L12.1 the best.

Ec5uHk_WsAIflqA.jpg

Why the pic of him in his Ultrasonics?

3 minutes ago, caveman27 said:

Comparison reasons.

Gotcha. You guys had been talking about Eflex, Premiere, and Lefevre pads so it kinda seemed to come out of left field.

• Like 1

Looks like Jonathan Bernier had switched before March. Not really following him lately.

Interesting strap set up. No heel strap. No lower leg strap. Landing pad strap goes down to the upper leg. 

Red-Wings-Islanders-Hockey-54.jpg

flames-red-wings-hockey-detroit-usa-shut

Edited by caveman27

8 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Yeah interesting he’d combine a traditional pad with a modern setup like that. 

What do you mean like that? These are 20.1, so they are basically Axis pads. Their most modern pad they have.