Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Bender94

2 week old 2s pro glove threads hanging?

Hey Guys,

So I purchased a pair of 2s pro gloves, They are fantastic, however on the first pair I took home I noticed the palm was already coming undone so I returned them to the store(display model) and ordered a brand new set. They arrived 2 weeks ago, I have skated about 4 hours in them and I am noticing threads hanging everywhere. My 3 previous sets of gloves this did not happen to me (Alpha qx pro, Bauer APX, NBH 4 roll).

My main point is should I be concerned? Should I trim the threads? nothing seems to be coming unstiched, I would put something like seam saver on the area and trim the extra thread, however they are still under bauer warranty and do not want to void it.

I have never had quality issues with Bauer and minus cheating with warrior for a year, and wearing jetspeed shins I am basically a bauer fan boy LOL!

btw,

Haven't been on here in a long time, and this is a new account, I used to years ago be letsgowings13. Hello to anyone that remembers me. Is JR around still?

Here is a bunch of Info you didn't ask for, but my answer is at the end.

Right now I'm rock'n four sets of gloves: (all 15") 

CCM Jetspeed 390: (My favorite) True to size, softest palm, most durable, but the only pair I have that absolutely reeks after a few uses. (I have to spray after every use so they wont stink... just like public bowling shoes. haha)   

Easton Stealth CX: Run smaller (like a 14 1/2"), good feel w/ soft palm but start out a little stiff after drying, good durability. 

STX RX3 LE w/ orange palm: True to size, palm material feels thicker not as pliable (not broke in yet, only three games in), very good construction. (once broken in, I can see these being my 2nd favorite behind CCM's).

Bauer Vapor 1X: These feel HUGE (like 15 1/2" with so much room in the fingers), palm feels thick, has a very wide open cuff, worst constructed out of the bunch!! (loose threads, one of the small pinky panels wasn't fully stitched)

All the gloves have a few loose threads after using for a while. I think its the tag end that pulls free from being tucked in when made. The loose threads on the Bauer's I could definitely see unraveling and coming loose. 

I never trim loose threads closer to the glove (pants, elbows, etc) instead take a lighter and melt the thread shorter... this leaves a small, melted, and hard thread end that helps keep it from pulling out or unraveling in the future.

Wow, too many words...sorry for that long 30 sec you'll never get back. lol

10 hours ago, Bender94 said:

Hey Guys,

So I purchased a pair of 2s pro gloves, They are fantastic, however on the first pair I took home I noticed the palm was already coming undone so I returned them to the store(display model) and ordered a brand new set. They arrived 2 weeks ago, I have skated about 4 hours in them and I am noticing threads hanging everywhere. My 3 previous sets of gloves this did not happen to me (Alpha qx pro, Bauer APX, NBH 4 roll).

My main point is should I be concerned? Should I trim the threads? nothing seems to be coming unstiched, I would put something like seam saver on the area and trim the extra thread, however they are still under bauer warranty and do not want to void it.

I have never had quality issues with Bauer and minus cheating with warrior for a year, and wearing jetspeed shins I am basically a bauer fan boy LOL!

btw,

Haven't been on here in a long time, and this is a new account, I used to years ago be letsgowings13. Hello to anyone that remembers me. Is JR around still?

If it's just extra thread, you can cut it with a scissor, or, if the thread is short, you can light it with a lighter and let it burn off. 

If you see that the seams are separated, you can sew the separated parts together using the same holes in the material. Hand sewn stitches will last longer than the glove if you do it right.

Ok, thanks for the replies, I figured these were tag ends, just because nothing was actually coming unstiched the first pair had me paranoid. I am very gentle on palms, so I tend to go for expensive gloves and keep them for years, air them out well and have them last. I hate breaking in new gloves, and for those of you who haven't tried on a pair, they are basically game ready from day one assuming you like the fit, by 4 hours they feel like a 2 year old glove. I am very impressed with the glove, I just was not sure if this was an issue to contact bauer on. My warriors did not do it, however its been so long since new gloves I do recall trimming strings. As long as the glove stays intact I am happy, I do not care if my gloves look beat to S*** haha

14 hours ago, caveman27 said:

If it's just extra thread, you can cut it with a scissor, or, if the thread is short, you can light it with a lighter and let it burn off. 

If you see that the seams are separated, you can sew the separated parts together using the same holes in the material. Hand sewn stitches will last longer than the glove if you do it right.

I have also re stitched some areas on mitts I loved, but the fact they were brand new top of the line gloves made me nervous enough to make a post haha.

• Like 1

Stitching, cutting and glueing is subpar for top model gloves. Its not a tragedy, sometimes its just cosmetical, but warranty repairs are more common than I would think is OK for gloves in this pricerange.