Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Bender94

Sorry for a dumb epoxy question over wear patches on 1xrs

I tried searching, and I clearly messed up 22 pages of expoxy roller came up lol. I am looking to find an epoxy that is safe to coat my wear patches on my 1xrs. I am almost to the stitching and wanted to prevent actually wearing through them. The skates are still stiff, I just drag legs to take away passing lanes lol. What epoxy would be safe and durable to reinforce the wear areas of the skate? and hopefully black or clear.

I have used jb weld. Thin coat then let it dry.  Rinse and repeat until you get the desired thickness. Other wise it will work but look like a sloppy mess.

3 hours ago, jmiro said:

I have used jb weld. Thin coat then let it dry.  Rinse and repeat until you get the desired thickness. Other wise it will work but look like a sloppy mess.

Just out of pure paranoia are your boots made of a similar material 🤣 I do not wanna melt my 1xrs or create some chemical reaction.

I will try this though if you have used it on anything similar. I am too broke to get new skates, also I hate breaking them in. The modern boots are dumb stiff.

5 hours ago, Bender94 said:

Just out of pure paranoia are your boots made of a similar material 🤣 I do not wanna melt my 1xrs or create some chemical reaction.

I will try this though if you have used it on anything similar. I am too broke to get new skates, also I hate breaking them in. The modern boots are dumb stiff.

I get it.  My current are x 800.  I did this were the wear patches were by the toe.  I have done this on other parts of different skates.  This is also a common practice to plug holes on on the insoles of skates that have had multiple holders put on. Would I smear the whole skate with it?No.  

On 1/20/2020 at 8:49 AM, jmiro said:

I get it.  My current are x 800.  I did this were the wear patches were by the toe.  I have done this on other parts of different skates.  This is also a common practice to plug holes on on the insoles of skates that have had multiple holders put on. Would I smear the whole skate with it?No.  

What type of JB did you use exactly lol, lot of different types.