Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

BAUER NEXUS ADV

So I had a chance to use one tonight since I was a sub on a team and one of the players is a Bauer rep. He uses a slightly stiffer flex than myself, 87, but we use the same curve pattern and he allowed me to retape the stick since he and I use an entirely different tape job. In fact, he uses black tape and I prefer white. He doesn't tape the toe and I do. Anyway...

The stick is overall very light but you can feel the weight in the blade due to the reinforcement they must have had to add. The stick shot well, but no better than other sticks I own. It was a nice stick, but again, no nicer than anything else I own either. Honestly, I think the stick would have been better with the new ADV design and the Nexus 2N Pro blade with the advanced carbon layering to lighten the blade composition but still keeping the dampening layer. 

Overall, the stick is good. Not great. I would rate it the same as nearly any other lightweight top of the line stick.

I think there is some promise to the idea of a stiffer top portion of the blade, more torsional rigidity, but they added the hole to as more of a marketing thing. They could easily have accomplished the same thing without making a hole in the stick blade. 

On 1/25/2020 at 9:05 PM, colins said:

What happens when you take a slash down on the top of that blade around the middle of the hole section? I gotta think it's fairly easy to crack the 'bridge' section that way. If so, it's not a design I imagine will hold up well for anyone taking a lot of draws at Center.

colins

I usually slash the lower portion of the shaft so the blade is safe if you are playing against me. 🏒

• Haha 2

There is a person on S2K that is giving really high praise for the ADV. I trust that person's opinion much more than what was said here.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 12:18 AM, SkateWorksPNW said:

So I had a chance to use one tonight since I was a sub on a team and one of the players is a Bauer rep.

The only question that matters : With the $400 stick, did you at least score a goal ?? !!!

JK, thanks for your info.

11 hours ago, Hills said:

There is a person on S2K that is giving really high praise for the ADV. I trust that person's opinion much more than what was said here.

I saw a trustworthy guy review one on YouTube ..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chikinpotpie said:

I saw a trustworthy guy review one on YouTube ..........

Nah, that guy is a hack and never even used it!

1 hour ago, BenBreeg said:

Or maybe said predecessors just did a shitty job implementing the idea and Bauer in fact did learn from them... 

Or maybe they are two entirely different concepts. I recall the O-stick being touted as reduced drag, improving swing speed. The ADV has nothing to do with drag or swing speed.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, stick9 said:

Or maybe they are two entirely different concepts. I recall the O-stick being touted as reduced drag, improving swing speed. The ADV has nothing to do with drag or swing speed.

Maybe, I would think CCM would be a little more low-key.

5 hours ago, DarkStar50 said:

The only question that matters : With the $400 stick, did you at least score a goal ?? !!!

JK, thanks for your info.

Hat trick, but not with the Nexus ADV. lol

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

On 1/26/2020 at 5:44 AM, nutters said:

It's a great stick, well, according to what all the social media hockey "influencers" have said after Bauer sent them free ones.

Now if you don't mind I am off to buy one!

With all the Bauer shit I own you’d think there’s send me one for free.

1 hour ago, GoalForFun said:

With all the Bauer shit I own you’d think there’s send me one for free.

😆 they should! But they probably assume you'll buy it anyway

21 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Hat trick, but not with the Nexus ADV. lol

Who brought their kid to play net in a mens league game? That goalie is barely taller than the crossbar!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, the_game said:

Who brought their kid to play net in a mens league game? That goalie is barely taller than the crossbar!

I know! That goalie is crazy short but he is actually really good.  

On 1/21/2020 at 11:16 PM, colins said:

Who's going to fill that space? Retail with 3 curve options and a $350+ price point for the top end is nuts. Give us access to the 'team edition' sticks in the $150-$200 range that match the build quality and often exceed the durability of the retail, but make it easy to order instead of sifting through prostock websites with re-paints and questionable curve options.

colins

It appears to be that you are unfamiliar with what some companies actually do, do. I sell 6 pack CCM Team custom sticks like crazy. Price point is what people want, most curve options available, its win-win. Talk to your local shop about CCM TEAM custom and they should be able to help. Pretty easy to do, honestly. 

19 minutes ago, raganblink said:

It appears to be that you are unfamiliar with what some companies actually do, do. I sell 6 pack CCM Team custom sticks like crazy. Price point is what people want, most curve options available, its win-win. Talk to your local shop about CCM TEAM custom and they should be able to help. Pretty easy to do, honestly. 

Thanks for the info, I'll look into that. Bauer the same way? Is it a 6 pack minimum for them?

colins

On 1/25/2020 at 11:18 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

I think there is some promise to the idea of a stiffer top portion of the blade, more torsional rigidity, but they added the hole to as more of a marketing thing. They could easily have accomplished the same thing without making a hole in the stick blade. 

I mean they couldn't, if you want to talk out of your ass go ahead though. At Bauer World they talked a lot about this - to create the slingshot effect of the stick you have to separate your blade cores. To achieve that you had to physically separate them. Wasn't another way to create the effect without doing that. As for if it works or not? I'll put it this way - We took a radar gun out last week and screwed around with the sticks I had and my buddy had. We used the same p28 curve in 75/77 flex. They were 2S Pro, 2N Pro, MX3, AS1 & Trigger 2. For me I was shooting around 52-57 consistently with those sticks. He was 55-60. In the Nexus ADV my low was 57 and high of 63. He never dropped below 60 and highest was 64 in the ADV

Essentially a 5-10% increase on shot speed is what we noticed. Not insignificant in any way. The shaft felt amazing on the bottom hand and definitely felt like I had more control as well. I would recommend to buy it if you can afford it, stats speak for themselves. 

13 minutes ago, colins said:

Thanks for the info, I'll look into that. Bauer the same way? Is it a 6 pack minimum for them?

colins

Minimum 6 yes. Bauer doesn't do that just top-end.

1 minute ago, raganblink said:

I mean they couldn't, if you want to talk out of your ass go ahead though. At Bauer World they talked a lot about this - to create the slingshot effect of the stick you have to separate your blade cores. To achieve that you had to physically separate them. Wasn't another way to create the effect without doing that. As for if it works or not? I'll put it this way - We took a radar gun out last week and screwed around with the sticks I had and my buddy had. We used the same p28 curve in 75/77 flex. They were 2S Pro, 2N Pro, MX3, AS1 & Trigger 2. For me I was shooting around 52-57 consistently with those sticks. He was 55-60. In the Nexus ADV my low was 57 and high of 63. He never dropped below 60 and highest was 64 in the ADV

Essentially a 5-10% increase on shot speed is what we noticed. Not insignificant in any way. The shaft felt amazing on the bottom hand and definitely felt like I had more control as well. I would recommend to buy it if you can afford it, stats speak for themselves. 

Minimum 6 yes. Bauer doesn't do that just top-end.

How do the stores order batches of the Bauer S19 Nexus League sticks then? They seem to be in stock on some Source For Sports locations. Is there no way for a consumer to order small-ish quantities of these via a Bauer reseller?

colins