Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
value77

advantage of icehockey socks

I bought some Bauer ones and they are awful, totally the wrong shape for my feet. They assume pointy toes, not flipper shaped feet! I like woollen ski socks when the rink is cold, they keep my toes warm. 

10 hours ago, value77 said:

Hey,

I was curious if there is any special advantage when I use them insteaed of ski socks or something else?

Depends on the sock. If you're skiing in thin Merino wool socks, then yeah, they'd probably work fairly well for skating.

I find dedicated skate socks to be over priced. The Swiftwicks I use are much better than any skate sock I've tried and about half the price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stick9 said:

Depends on the sock. If you're skiing in thin Merino wool socks, then yeah, they'd probably work fairly well for skating.

I find dedicated skate socks to be over priced. The Swiftwicks I use are much better than any skate sock I've tried and about half the price.

+1 for Swiftwick. Aspire Four for me, personally. The double compression cuff definitely helps with abrasion from the top of my skates, too. 

2 hours ago, stick9 said:

I wear Merino wool ski socks. Very comfy. But I wear through socks very quickly. 

I got a gift certificate to Hockey Monkey and didn't need anything so I bought three pair of Reebok protective socks with kevlar. The foot section is a very thin but durable with the portion from below the ankle up kevlar lined fabric. Very comfortable, good feel in the boot and a little extra protection from getting cut on the back of the leg.  

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 2:51 PM, chk hrd said:

I got a gift certificate to Hockey Monkey and didn't need anything so I bought three pair of Reebok protective socks with kevlar. The foot section is a very thin but durable with the portion from below the ankle up kevlar lined fabric. Very comfortable, good feel in the boot and a little extra protection from getting cut on the back of the leg.  

I was going to post the same thing.

Bauer cut resistant socks. Either old or the new s19 version. I like how the Kevlar isn't slick like Dri fit is, and they are the perfect thickness (imo). Vs my underarmour hockey liners the bauers lock the feet in the boot better bc of the Kevlar material. Mind you, I really like my UA hockey liners too and wear those for stick and puck. 

Edited by Sniper9