Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Zyzz

Konixx Pure wheels discontinued

So I confirmed with Dakota @ Konixx that the Pure wheels are officially discontinued (FML).  They're releasing a new blue "Pure-X" model. 

Does anyone have any experience with the Pure VS Tachyon?  He insinuated that it's basically the same wheel, just different name.

Edited by Zyzz

The Pure's are the best wheels I've used in 20+ years of playing roller hockey. I've never used the Tachyon, but I know it only comes in one durometer, 0, and the Pure comes in three 0, +1 and +2.

The Tachyon is also a dual pour wheel, but is positioned as a Tier 2 wheel behind the Tier 1 Pure. Even if they were exactly the same, I'd still go for the Pure because I'm over 200lbs and need the +2 durometer, but if you're under 170lbs then you could probably go with the Tachyon. If you're heavier than that, I'd either get the Pure on clearance now if you can find them in your size and durometer or get the new Pure-X when it's released. 

Edited by althoma1
  • Like 1

Pures are fantastic but they have a slight flaw and the blue wheel addresses that.

Where I’m from in Australia is extremely humid and humidity turns them brown and reduced their life span and compromises the core.

With that said they’re still by far the best performing wheel I’ve used in years.

I can’t wait to get the Pure X just for the increased grip and speed, if they last longer even better!

• Like 1

I'm waiting on the Pure X. I have 2 sets of the Pure +1 wheels.  I probably should have gotten the +0 being only 165lbs, but I usually go for a 76a which provides a little more speed.  I consider myself an advance skater so I didn't think it would be a big deal, but the +1 don't feel as grippy as I would like.  The first 2-3 were like a break-in period with very little grip, after that I got comfortable with them but I think still think I should have gone with the +0.    I'll probably split it up with the pure x. 2 +0's and 2+1. 

• Like 2

Personally im a bit nervous on the pure-x since I love the pure so much that I’d hate for them to change considerably, but will be holding out for them instead of stocking up, hoping their “new and improved” means just that. They haven’t let me down yet so we will see

• Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 9:33 AM, tgwl said:

I'm waiting on the Pure X. I have 2 sets of the Pure +1 wheels.  I probably should have gotten the +0 being only 165lbs, but I usually go for a 76a which provides a little more speed.  I consider myself an advance skater so I didn't think it would be a big deal, but the +1 don't feel as grippy as I would like.  The first 2-3 were like a break-in period with very little grip, after that I got comfortable with them but I think still think I should have gone with the +0.    I'll probably split it up with the pure x. 2 +0's and 2+1. 

According to the IW preorder page, the new Pure X is supposed to add more grip: https://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Konixx_Pure-X/descpage-KPXPW.html. The release date seems to be valentines day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, althoma1 said:

According to the IW preorder page, the new Pure X is supposed to add more grip: https://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Konixx_Pure-X/descpage-KPXPW.html. The release date seems to be valentines day. 

Good to know.  I might just consider getting all +1's again if they will have a little more grip.   I'm only 165lbs but I typically prefer a harder wheel with grip and speed over a xsoft grippy wheel. 

Edited by tgwl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wicked3Aussie said:

Got my Pure X today, can’t wait for the weekend to use them.

Inline Warehouse are getting better with shipping, ordered Friday night and in my hands in Australia Tuesday arvo.

Nice!  Let us know how they are

• Like 1

First impressions on warm up they’re good but noticeably different, not bad different at all just different.

Putting them through their paces they came on pretty quick.

Will reserve judgement as the pure’s took a day or so to break in before coming on.

**Used on wood**