Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ParabolicActivity

Tell Me About My Jetspeed Team Stick?

I see all kinds of videos for every stick but mine! I got a Jetspeed Team 95 Flex P90. All I know is that the LK means low kick. Does that mean it shoots like a Ribcor? What about the blade? I don't know sticks well enough to know if it feels lively or dampened. I guess it feels crisp? Someone at drop in said Jetspeeds have hollow blades. Is that true? No foam? Does it have the Sigmatex that CCM is so excited about? Or is it more like a low end stick? I literally can't find anything online about it.

37 minutes ago, ParabolicActivity said:

I see all kinds of videos for every stick but mine! I got a Jetspeed Team 95 Flex P90. All I know is that the LK means low kick. Does that mean it shoots like a Ribcor? What about the blade? I don't know sticks well enough to know if it feels lively or dampened. I guess it feels crisp? Someone at drop in said Jetspeeds have hollow blades. Is that true? No foam? Does it have the Sigmatex that CCM is so excited about? Or is it more like a low end stick? I literally can't find anything online about it.

Is it a JetSpeed Gen 1 or Gen 2 Team? 

Yes exactly! Though I paid waayyyyyyyy less for mine. Thanks OYG!

Though this seems to have retail specs listed but mine is clearly labeled "LK" and does not have concave sidewalls. Which makes me sure the rest of the construction is a mystery.

Does yours still have the barcode sticker at the top of the shaft (where you'd tape the butt end up)? That's really the only way to decode CCM sticks - LK shafts usually designate the low kick team build, but I'm not sure if they had started offering multiple team build offerings in terms of kick point when yours was made. That barcode sticker would help, as the code on there identifies the build. 

On 1/30/2020 at 11:04 PM, ParabolicActivity said:

Yes exactly! Though I paid waayyyyyyyy less for mine. Thanks OYG!

Though this seems to have retail specs listed but mine is clearly labeled "LK" and does not have concave sidewalls. Which makes me sure the rest of the construction is a mystery.

I have a Team Supertacks 2.0 (LK) and my LHS has some of these Team Jetspeeds (LK). 

My take after sizing up the Jetspeed.....they are the same stick. Same blade construction that the CCM Team sticks have had for years, same low kick-point, same construction material (I believe it's CCM's 12K weave, it's not Sigmatex). Come in at roughly 450 grams. Just dressed differently, but underneath I believe them to be the same. 

The new Team Jetspeeds have the blade finish of the newer top end sticks. It is textured compared to the older ones which were smooth.

After getting some use in, how do you feel about the stick?  I just picked up 2 of these for $400 CDN.  If they ARE the same as the ST2.0s I have a link to get 2 more for $340 CDN and might bite on it.  I'm mainly wondering about the blade.  The blade on my retail FT2 was amazing.  Best puck feel I've ever found.

On 2/27/2020 at 2:14 AM, northof60 said:

After getting some use in, how do you feel about the stick?  I just picked up 2 of these for $400 CDN.  If they ARE the same as the ST2.0s I have a link to get 2 more for $340 CDN and might bite on it.  I'm mainly wondering about the blade.  The blade on my retail FT2 was amazing.  Best puck feel I've ever found.

Hey sorry just saw this. It has a lot of pop. It is a very stiff very lively blade. Definitely built for release and durability. It's not my favorite blade of all time but I do like that there is not even a hint of it opening up on any shot.