Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JimmyTheDriver

Thoughts on these skates "flexing"?

52 minutes ago, JimmyTheDriver said:

What customs worked for you?  I am considering that route and was wondering if the custom mold compensates for it. 

TRUE Skates.

One thing to note is that when I got my first skates (CCM Tacks) punched a 2nd time, I was warned that it was so close to the bottom, it's a hard area to punch/modify and that it might ruin the skates (as it might pull on the footbed), I've tried everything to like the skates, all the different footbeds available. I've evaluated the cost of all the full customs TRUE skates were the cheapest route. When I first got my TRUE, I was pleasantly stunned that the insides of the skates looked extremely similar to how I get my skates punched out (I mean I shouldn't have been because they use my foot as the model after all, but still).

CCM TRUE
Skates 500 ~1000
Punching (twice) 60  
Footbeds (3) ~150  
  ~700 ~1000

On 2/4/2020 at 1:29 PM, JimmyTheDriver said:

Here is where I get stuck - there is no negative space.  When tied up, they are truly the most form fitting skates I've ever worn, including Makos. If that little lace facia break down (if thats what it is) didnt occur, they are the best skates I've ever owned.

Everything else chews up the top of my foot, or rubs my "accessory navicular" above my arch.

Damn it.

Take the insole out and where is your toe? 

8 hours ago, JimmyTheDriver said:

Where do you fellas go to get such treatment?  I have no hate for Pure Hockey - they have treated me very well through this process, and seem willing to help, but it just doesn't feel like this level of expertise exists at the store fronts.

Any retailer selling My Bauer Custom Skates should be providing that level of service.  If they're not, then someone on the training side didn't do their job.

Here's my recommendation:

1.    Get your feet scanned.  Go barefoot with a very slight knee bend 

2.   Try on fit stock.  Start with the recommended sizing for each foot using the custom skate selection.  If your toes aren't feathering the toecap try on a half size smaller and keep trying on skates      until you have dialed in the fit you want. You can downsize and upsize in 1/4 increments.

3.   Make sure the retailer/fitter notes every single problem spot or concern in the notes section.   The more detailed the notes the better.

For example I scan a 7EE retail, custom a 7 1/4 and 6 3/4.  I'm currently skating in a 6EE retail 2S Pro and feel that if I went customs I could go 6 1/4 and 5 3/4.