Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Finally found "My Twig"

Surprised that it is the  Super Tacks AS2Pro!  I have tried just about everything out there since re-entering the game and didn't think I would like a high-mid kick stick. I do take a lot of boomers,  but didn't want to sacrifice feel or passing for a few extra mph/kmh.  Well...got a deal on Sidelineswap, why not?  I love everything about this one.  Weighs the same as the Alpha DX and FT2, but because of the balance point...it actually feels like the FlyLite. Shots of all types are effortless and accurate...even awkward, off-balance shots.  The blade feel is the best of the bunch...it's got touch that reminds me of a wood stick. Passing and flipping are sweet. 

I know stick preference is 100% subjective,  but this one is for me.  Anyone else an AS2Pro fan?  Any others that play like it (have not tried other "slapshot sticks" such as AS1, 2SPro, HD1, or Stallion).

I use the AS1, and I do find the variable mid-kick to do what it says it does.  My wristers and snappers are cleaner, heavier, and with more control/velocity.  The AS1's made my slapper suffer though, as the mid-kick is not as smooth as my previous stick, which was the CCM Ultra Tacks (which had probably one of the smoothest/truest mid-kicks imho).  My slappers have suffered, but then again, I take maybe 1 or 2 a game at most...  so the tradeoff with the AS1 is worth it.  Interested to hear how the AS2 is different from the AS1 if anyone has tried both.

Edited by shoot_the_goalie

Tbh I love my CCM Ribcor, in a 75 flex, p29, cut down slightly, I also have a Bauer Vapor x600, I think it is an 87 flex, p92. I have found on a smaller rink the CCM is better, and a larger rink the Bauer was better. 

44 minutes ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

I use the AS1, and I do find the variable mid-kick to do what it says it does.  My wristers and snappers are cleaner, heavier, and with more control/velocity.  The AS1's made my slapper suffer though, as the mid-kick is not as smooth as my previous stick, which was the CCM Ultra Tacks (which had probably one of the smoothest/truest mid-kicks imho).  My slappers have suffered, but then again, I take maybe 1 or 2 a game at most...  so the tradeoff with the AS1 is worth it.  Interested to hear how the AS2 is different from the AS1 if anyone has tried both.

I've tried both, I think they made the AS2 Pro a little softer so it's more versatile compared to the AS1. It's almost like a blend between JetSpeed and a TRUE XC9 in terms of the way shots come off. I like the stiffer blade in the AS2 Pro more than the AS1 as well. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

All passing and shots including my boomers (can only speak for myself of course) are better with this AS2 Pro than any of the ones I've tried, which are: 
True XC9-Nice balance and puck feel...decent power...good accuracy.
Bauer FlyLite-Lightest. Ok power...not much puck feel on the blade.
CCM FT2-Best all around balance of power, balance, and feel...short of the AS2Pro. True is very close to this one.
STX RX3- Like the shaft shape, power is decent, no puck feel at all.
Warrior Alpha QX-A little heavy feeling the way it is balanced.  Good power. No feel...like the RX3...maybe a touch better
Warrior Alpha DX-Here we go Warrior...all the good stuff about the QX...much better balance and feel. Great power...second to the AS2Pro (on my list)
Warrior Alpha DX SL-Oddly...don't like it.  It's actually heavier than my DX (on the scale) and the balance is not to my taste.

I was using the DX and FT2 as my game pair.  Now I'm backing up the AS2Pro with the DX. Soon..just bringing two AS2Pros.  As soon as I sell some of these...

For reference: RH 75 W03/P92/P29 for me and I cut them to about 59".

Have not tried the AS2 PRO but heard good things about it. Got my hands on a Bauer Supreme ADV. This one is the best “slap-shot” stick I have used to date. 
Some other great ones for me - I also found the Warrior Dynasty HD1 with some great pop and good puck feel a few years back. 
True A6.0 SBP 2018 is a stud for me too. 

Yeah I'm pretty much a CCM stick guy now. I do have a 2N Pro which does have the best blade for passing and feel that I've ever used... but my shots are snappier with my FT2. I don't like a reallllllyyy stiff blade which a lot of the higher kick sticks seem to have but I've always been intrigued with Connor McDavid using Tacks line for a while, if there's any hype. 

14 hours ago, mjpisat said:

Is the SBP series going away?

Yea think so. Top of the A series is now AX9 which is a low kicker. 
I think the power series has fully shifted to the X line  

On 2/4/2020 at 11:56 PM, lennyboi said:

Have not tried the AS2 PRO but heard good things about it. Got my hands on a Bauer Supreme ADV. This one is the best “slap-shot” stick I have used to date. 
Some other great ones for me - I also found the Warrior Dynasty HD1 with some great pop and good puck feel a few years back. 
True A6.0 SBP 2018 is a stud for me too. 

I went Tacks, Ultra Tacks, SuperTacks 2.0,. JetSpeed, Tacks AS1 and then moved to the True A6.0 SBP and I think I have settled there.  I loved the Tacks and especially  the Ultra Tacks but then they went downhill.  I sold off most of my CCM stock and filled up on True.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lennyboi said:

Yea think so. Top of the A series is now AX9 which is a low kicker. 
I think the power series has fully shifted to the X line  

The AX9 is more of a low kick hybrid than a ridiculously low kick point like a QRE or similar. IMO, those sticks are too one dimensional. The release on the AX9 is something wicked. Very low effort to get off a fast, accurate and hard shot. If anything, I would say the AX9 is like a blend of a FT2 + 1X Lite + Alpha DX. 

I've tried quite a bit of sticks over the past two years. And the following is rating for sticks relates to my personal shooting mechanics. To preface I never take slapshot's in a game and rarely even take snappers. I pretty much just take true wristers. I haven't used a CCM stick since the rbz stage 2.  I'll be ranking the following: first gen Bauer 1n, 2n pro, qre, qrl, hd1, a5.2, a6.0 ht, ek365. 

1) ek365: overall gave me the best slapshot. Even though I never take slappers in the game. I never had a better slapshot with any other stick I've ever used. Surprised me bc it's a low kick and low kicks aren't really meant to be big boom sticks. Wrist shots popped as well. And even snappers. Overall I haven't had a stick which was this versatile. Super light and the price point is super low for the performance you get. Only con I have with Sher wood is that their sticks feel stiffer than their flex rating. About 5-10. I sold my ek365s to try the next two sticks but I regret it now bc it's th beat overall stick I've used to date.  

2) a6.0 ht : like the ek365, lots of good things. Good pop in all three shot types. True plays a touch softer than other brands I think which I don't mind. Blade is stiff and feels a touch pingy but only really noticeable vs the 2n pro. Currently using this stick. 

3) 2n pro: the best puck feel I've ever experienced.  Night and day vs any other stick. So much control due to the feel vs pingier blade. I had high hopes with this stick bc of it's mid kick and sweet spot tech etc. But, I noticed shooting wasn't great with it. Snaps were avg at best. Wristers were good but no better than the above 2 sticks. Slapshots very disappointing. I thought this stick would have been the best for slapshot's bc the others I've used were more or less low kicks except the a5.2. Wouldn't buy this again esp when the above two are much cheaper options. Currently using this stick. 

4) a5.2/1n: these two performed very similar imo. Same weight and flex profile. Prob overall same as the 2n pro but better slap shots. Used each of these for just over a year before I sold them so durability was good. 

5) qre/qrl: didn't see much diff between these two. Wasn't a fan. Slapshot wasnt there. Even wrist shot wasn't great. Probably bc it's such a low kick point it for the true snap shot player which I am not. Listed weight was light but balance was pretty blade heavy. 

6) hd1: wasn't a fan at all. Felt heavy. For how it's advertised I didn't have much of a slapshot either. Wrist shots were avg at best. I didn't use it much as I wasn't a fan right away and got rid of it after a couple stick and puck sessions. 

So all in all if I were to do it all over again i wouldn't have sold my ek365 sticks. Had five at one point and scored them for about 115 cdn each. Sold them to try lower flexes (65-70)

Waiting for the m90 to clear when the new Sher wood comes out in the summer. I heard the m90 is more or less the same as the ek365. 

End of the day that's just my experience with the above sticks with respect to my shooting technique and shot preference. I don't really need a stick that gives me any type of slapshot since I can't even remember the last time I took one in a game so realistically the 2n pro would be best suited for me since I like to stickhandle and take wrist shots. But all hockey players have the slapshot ego... Lol. And I like to know I have it in my back pocket if I ever needed it. 

On 2/9/2020 at 1:04 PM, dkmiller3356 said:

I went Tacks, Ultra Tacks, SuperTacks 2.0,. JetSpeed, Tacks AS1 and then moved to the True A6.0 SBP and I think I have settled there.  I loved the Tacks and especially  the Ultra Tacks but then they went downhill.  I sold off most of my CCM stock and filled up on True.   

Agreed.  1st gen Tacks was surprisingly a great stick.  Ultra Tacks was ever better, and might possibly be my favorite stick of all time.  Nexus 1000 was a pretty great stick too.