Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Mwat9050

Bauer Vapor X800 skate issue/concern

Hi Guys! 
I had a question for you guys. I just bought a new pair of Bauer Vapor X800 skates, in size 12EE. I wear a wide size 14 shoe. The skates fit pretty well, with some tightness along the sides of my foot. I previously had Nexus 1N skates, that I didn’t like because they had too much volume (my feet are flat)

After getting them baked, I skated on them the other day and I noticed a crease on the inside of the Left skate, between the 6th and 7th eyelet. It was only an open skate, so I wasn’t going too nuts. 

. Is this any cause for concern? Any potential breakdown issues with this worsening? 
Thanks!!

Edited by Mwat9050

Did u walk in them during or immediately after the bake or skate on them within 12 hrs of the bake?

Can u post pics of them laces up so it can show whether the volume is right?

Hey bud, 

Thanks for the response! I didn’t walk in them during or after the bake, and I used them for the first time over a week after they were baked. I’ll try to post a pic of the volume, but it seems to be fine. I came from the Nexus 1N, which had too much volume for me, and oddly they didn’t have this issue. These definitely seem to fit better, and I didn’t have to crank on the laces, like I did with the Nexus skates, to make up for the increased volume. 

The odd part is that I’ve seen people with similar issues, but it’s around the 3rd/4th eyelet because of too much forward flexing because of skates being too big. These definitely don’t seem to fit too big, and the creasing is at the 6th/7th eyelet. 

They do actually look too wide for some reason. The eyelets 7-9 don't wrap the tongue. U can see the gap between the facing and tongue... Not sure if that would be the issue but it does appear like it should wrap more. Also, I never seen vapors with such little space between the inside and outside eyelets especially bc they are the lowest volume fit. Are you sure the width isn't too wide and u have smaller than avg width feet?

I may not have tightened them up as much as I should. But....are you thinking they may be too wide based on the space between the inside and outside eyelets? After I skated on them, the inside of my foot was toast. Right in front of the ankle. Right at the inside arch.  Pretty much the beginning of a giant blister. Probably would have been if I skated any longer that night. I honestly don’t feel any negative space on the sides of my feet. With the way they felt, I don’t know if I could tolerate a regular width in these skates. 
Thank you again so much for your thoughts. I’m not sure what to do here. They are still under warranty. Not sure why I didn’t have this same issue with the Nexus 1N skates. 

13 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Also, I never seen vapors with such little space between the inside and outside eyelets especially bc they are the lowest volume fit. 

What do you mean by “space between inside and outside eyelets? 

1 hour ago, start_today said:

What do you mean by “space between inside and outside eyelets? 

The distance between the left and right facing/eyelets. Never seen a vapor fit so narrow 

21 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

They do actually look too wide for some reason. The eyelets 7-9 don't wrap the tongue. U can see the gap between the facing and tongue... Not sure if that would be the issue but it does appear like it should wrap more. Also, I never seen vapors with such little space between the inside and outside eyelets especially bc they are the lowest volume fit. Are you sure the width isn't too wide and u have smaller than avg width feet?

I’m not sure how accurate this is, but I have seen others take out the insole, and put their foot on it to help see if the fit is good. My foot is about a half inch, or slightly less, wider than the outsole. Does that mean that the EE is good for me?

23 minutes ago, Mwat9050 said:

I’m not sure how accurate this is, but I have seen others take out the insole, and put their foot on it to help see if the fit is good. My foot is about a half inch, or slightly less, wider than the outsole. Does that mean that the EE is good for me?

You shouldn't measure width on an insole just length. Did u even try on the d?

Edited by Sniper9

This area shows it's obviously too wide as it's not allowing a proper wrap. 

A5pOb3s.jpg

This area is the part I'm talking about that seems a lot more narrow than I've seen on others with vapors esp for a boot that's supposed to have very little volume. 

2hcxGag.jpg

From the pictures AND the fact you have creases in areas where there are gaps I think it's safe to say these skates are too wide and or have too much volume for you. 

23 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

This area shows it's obviously too wide as it's not allowing a proper wrap. 

A5pOb3s.jpg

This area is the part I'm talking about that seems a lot more narrow than I've seen on others with vapors esp for a boot that's supposed to have very little volume. 

2hcxGag.jpg

From the pictures AND the fact you have creases in areas where there are gaps I think it's safe to say these skates are too wide and or have too much volume for you. 

Thank you so much for your feedback!! Makes sense for sure. Unfortunately they didn’t have size 12 in store, so I was unable to try on a size D. I’m hoping its not a volume issue, especially since it’s a low volume skate. Strangely, it feels snug in those areas you mentioned. I’m wondering if I should return these skates then? My only concern with a width of D is that it may make that spot on the inside of my foot, about 1-2 inches in front of the malleolus, where I had blistering and pressure, worse. 

46 minutes ago, Mwat9050 said:

Thank you so much for your feedback!! Makes sense for sure. Unfortunately they didn’t have size 12 in store, so I was unable to try on a size D. I’m hoping its not a volume issue, especially since it’s a low volume skate. Strangely, it feels snug in those areas you mentioned. I’m wondering if I should return these skates then? My only concern with a width of D is that it may make that spot on the inside of my foot, about 1-2 inches in front of the malleolus, where I had blistering and pressure, worse. 

Then you may be forced to choose another skate. Can't have your heart set on a certain make and model. You need to try everything on and go with what fits best. 

11 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Then you may be forced to choose another skate. Can't have your heart set on a certain make and model. You need to try everything on and go with what fits best. 

I’m definitely fine with whatever brand fits. I just wish these shops would stock some size 12’s. I’m going to have to keep buying online and hope for the best.