Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Beflar

Interesting things I did not know while doing research for skate profiles.

Interesting things I did not know before I started doing research on skate profiles.

If you have good knee bend you can make anything work...(some pros don't even know what they are skating on).

Just because something feels good to you doesn't mean it is the most efficient profile in term of speed and agility.(Brock University study).

Most efficient dual profile was 9/10 and 9.5/10.5 in study.(only dual looked at. Brock University).

Dual profiles greater than 2 ie 7/10 may cause flat spot feel between the different radius in runner,  might be better to keep changes to 2 or less ie 8/10 or 8/10/12/14 etc.(just something being suggested).

Edited by Beflar

Where was the data on the flat spot from?  That doesn't make sense.  Transitions betweens different radius curves isn’t rocket science, it is foundational in rail and road design. 

3 hours ago, Beflar said:

Interesting things I did not know before I started doing research on skate profiles.

If you have good knee bend you can make anything work...(some pros don't even know what they are skating on).

Just because something feels good to you doesn't mean it is the most efficient profile in term of speed and agility.(Brock University study).

Most efficient dual profile was 9/10 and 9.5/10.5 in study.(only dual looked at. Brock University).

Dual profiles greater than 2 ie 7/10 may cause flat spot in runner,  might be better to keep changes to 2 or less ie 8/10 or 8/10/12/14 etc.(just something being suggested).

There was a 7/13 used in the study. Least efficient 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BenBreeg said:

Where was the data on the flat spot from?  That doesn't make sense.  Transitions betweens different radius curves isn’t rocket science, it is foundational in rail and road design. 

No data.  Just talk about feel, I went back to change the wording in the first post.

Edited by Beflar
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Beflar said:

Dual profiles greater than 2 ie 7/10 may cause flat spot feel between the different radius in runner,  might be better to keep changes to 2 or less ie 8/10 or 8/10/12/14 etc.(just something being suggested).

Is this the study?

https://dr.library.brocku.ca/bitstream/handle/10464/8681/Brock_McGurk_Michael_2015.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y