Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
getthekidthepuck

Do I need a stiffer boot currently in OG Makos

Hey guys I haven't been playing but I played some pick up over the last two weeks.I wear OG Makos that are in excellent condition. I am getting a lot of pain in my shins and feet in general. I am 250 but I have been loosing weight. Do I need a stiffer boot with more volume? If so any recommendations in what I should consider buying next?

ThanKS,

Riggs

How long have you been in the boots? How long have you been playing hockey? I'd say wrong size skate due to foot pain but when you say shin pain... Makes me think your muscles just simply aren't used to skating and or shating in that boot. I've personally never experienced shin pain from hockey... Calf soreness... Yes, but never "pain" which to me is different than just being a little sore. 

Mako is a touch on the softer side for an top tier boot but I have no idea how skater body weight relates back to boot flexing, and how that in turn relates to the body from a biomechanical point of view.