Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

STX Stallion HPR2 Glove?

Does anyone have these? How do they fit compared to other brands and what style/model of gloves would you say they fit closest to?

Ive been looking for a hybrid glove, something with a tighter backhand than a traditional 4 roll or Nexus, but with an open cuff. 

4 hours ago, Asian Tomatoe said:

Depending on how open of a cuff you like, the CCM FT1 gloves would fit this description. 

I have the FtT1 currently. Still need a more open cuff. Even after snipping the elastic they feel too restrictive on the wrist. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

On 2/19/2020 at 5:54 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

Does anyone have these? How do they fit compared to other brands and what style/model of gloves would you say they fit closest to?

Ive been looking for a hybrid glove, something with a tighter backhand than a traditional 4 roll or Nexus, but with an open cuff. 

Have you tried a Bauer Vapor glove? I had Vapor X100 in the past. Pretty open cuff and quite flexible at the wrist and thumb.

1 hour ago, caveman27 said:

Have you tried a Bauer Vapor glove? I had Vapor X100 in the past. Pretty open cuff and quite flexible at the wrist and thumb.

Yeah, I am not really a fan of them. The Vapor 1X Lite has a terrible palm and the 1X Lite Pro palm is too soft and likely wont last long. Also, I really dislike the natural light tan colored palms on gloves and prefer a darker color like a grey clarino or digital palm. 

8 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Yeah, I am not really a fan of them. The Vapor 1X Lite has a terrible palm and the 1X Lite Pro palm is too soft and likely wont last long. Also, I really dislike the natural light tan colored palms on gloves and prefer a darker color like a grey clarino or digital palm. 

Did you like the cuff shape?

The STX Surgeon gloves are very tight in the fingers and backhand, but open up nicely in the cuff (IMHO). The Stallion line is a slightly tighter traditional 4 roll; it's too loose in the backhand for my tastes, but I like my gloves really tight in the backhand. 

3 hours ago, althoma1 said:

The STX Surgeon gloves are very tight in the fingers and backhand, but open up nicely in the cuff (IMHO). The Stallion line is a slightly tighter traditional 4 roll; it's too loose in the backhand for my tastes, but I like my gloves really tight in the backhand. 

Would you say the HPR fit like the Alpha QX/DX? I like those gloves except they are too wide and loose in the forehand. 

4 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Would you say the HPR fit like the Alpha QX/DX? I like those gloves except they are too wide and loose in the forehand. 

The original Stallion gloves fit similar to the Alpha gloves. The HPR fits even wider in the backhand. 

From the review above for the Surgeon 500:

My preference with gloves has usually been a fit where there is some snugness on the fingers that opens up at the cuff. This is pretty evident based on the gloves you see in my "Recently used" list. The Surgeon gloves do a great job of fitting very snug while not choking your hands and wrist. The liner feels very soft and airy while it is on your hand, which helps in not feeling like you are being constricted by the glove. The palm feels great on my hand, and fits my hand perfectly. The stretch gussets, in conjunction with the open seam of the main knuckle joint and the three-piece fingers (2 piece pinky) really give you a lot of mobility in the finger area. The thumb has a nice feel to it, with a good amount of flex in one way and a nice solid lock in the other direction. The wrist area opens up nicely to give a full range of motion that doesn't feel like you have to fight the design of the glove to move your hands the way you would like, which is a must have for me. 

Has anyone tried on multiple tiers of the HPR gloves? And/or can you compare the HPR 2 to the HPR 1? 

I bought a cheap pair of HPR 1.2 just to shoot outside, and like them. Very surprised with construction and feel for a $50 glove. 

Slightly tighter at the widest part of the hand than most 4rolls. Kinda feel vapory, but with slightly more room above the top of the hand and in the fingers, but so much room as traditional 4rolls.

18 hours ago, JoeyJ0506 said:

@Hills can probably shed some light on this for you.

Thanks,

I haven't seen the HPR1, but the 2's are tighter everywhere than Vapors except the cuff area which is WAY bigger.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, start_today said:

Interesting. Thank you!!

Are the Surgeons even more close fitting than that?

I can't shed any light on the RX3 gloves as I've never worn those, but I do have both Pro and retail versions of the Surgeon 500 gloves and can tell you that those are definitely tighter than the Stallion 500 gloves (predecessor to the HPR line) that I tried on. The Surgeon 500 gloves are tight in the fingers and backhand, but open up quite a bit in the cuff.